WELLESLEY, Mass., April 1, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Arthur M. Blank Center for Entrepreneurship at Babson College is hosting the annual B.E.T.A. (Babson Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®) Challenge, recognizing major milestones Babson businesses have achieved by taking action.
Winners of the graduate, undergraduate, and alumni B.E.T.A. Challenge each win a grand prize of $20,000 in cash plus "services in kind" donations from corporate sponsors respectively. In addition, $2,500 is awarded to the two other finalist ventures in each of the three competitions. Applicants compete for prizes by demonstrating success in achieving major milestones by taking action.
The 2016 B.E.T.A. Challenge semifinals will be on Wednesday, April 6, finals on Wednesday, April 13 on the Babson Wellesley campus. For more information, visit http://www.bit.ly/1zpgowD
- BlueRounds, Inc. - Sergio Waxman M'15
- Cociel Foods - Andres F. Valencia M'15, Diego Pacheco M'16, Karina Del Moral '18 and Maria V. Lauria '16
- Green Pinata Toy Share - Shiva Kashalkar M'11 and Kiran Kashalkar M'15
- India in a Box - Shyam B. Devnani M'15
- Scramble Campus Systems - Stephen J. Douglass M'12
- Trend Tribe - Samantha Cooper '12
- BevBench - Daniel J. Tighe M'18 and Brian C. Tighe
- JumpSmart Inc. - Bryanne Leeming M'16 and Mikhaela Dietch, F.W. Olin College of Engineering '18
- Load&Road, LLC. - Kazunori Kawanobe M'16, Abhinav Sureka M'16 and Mayuresh Soni M'16
- Play Business - Joan C. Segura Oyamburu M'17 and Fernanda de Velasco
- Qopy LLC - Deniz Emre M'16, Delane Zahoruiko '17, Moses Lim '17 and Jen Cox
- Velocity - Estefania Cotes M'16
- Bellicose Beauty Co. - Michael Leahy '18 and Jamie Steenbakkers '18
- GenYLabz - Nick Weldon '16, Bhavishya Garg and Lucy Nguyen
- Heads Up Grades Up - Malachi K. Stoll '18
- Lula - Matthew Vega-Sanz '18 and Michael Vega-Sanz '18
- PICCPerfect - Emily A. Levy '16, Maria del Mar Gomez '16, Julianne Carlin '17 and Yousef Al-Humaidhi '15
- SaveOhno.org - Dylan Husted '17
The Arthur M. Blank Center for Entrepreneurship at Babson College
Dedicated in 1998, The Arthur M. Blank Center for Entrepreneurship is the nerve center for entrepreneurial activity at Babson.
The 6,000-square-foot center was named in honor of Arthur M. Blank (alumnus '63, H'98 and co-founder of The Home Depot) and provides a home for members of the Entrepreneurship faculty, the Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), Diana Project, Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM), Successful Transgenerational Entrepreneurship Practices (STEP) Project, and the John E. and Alice L. Butler Venture Accelerator Program.
The center focuses on expanding the practice of Entrepreneurship of All Kinds® through innovative co-curricular programs and global collaborative research initiatives that inspire and inform Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®. Outside the classroom, students live entrepreneurship through the comprehensive John E. and Alice L. Butler Venture Accelerator Program, more than a dozen student-run entrepreneurship organizations and forums, and the Boston-area entrepreneurial ecosystem.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®. The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. Visit www.babson.edu
Contact: Michael Chmura, 781-239-4549, email@example.com
This news release was issued on behalf of Newswise(TM). For more information, visit http://www.newswise.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/babson-college-hosts-annual-beta-babson-entrepreneurial-thought-and-action-challenge-300244797.html
SOURCE Babson College