Babson College Hosts Annual Product Design Fairs, Showcasing Student Concepts From Babson College, Olin College Of Engineering, And Mass College Of Art
BABSON PARK, Mass., Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Students from Babson, Olin College of Engineering, and Mass College of Art showcase their innovative products and creative solutions during the Babson College Product Design Events on December 5 & 12, 2013 on the Wellesley campus.
Babson MBA Product Design Fair, December 5, 2013
Eight teams of Babson MBA students explain and showcase their new product concepts. New products and solutions include:
- T-Rex Plate - hold a plate and cup with one hand, to improve mobility and decrease social anxiety
- Custom solution for driving-related back pain
- New solution for making cycling in the rain more enjoyable
- Omnibrew - a sleek, portable, modular brewing system that delivers a fresh cup of coffee
- The Hooky Box - provides everything you need to never miss that perfect chance to catch a fish
- Modular toy that adapts to the different needs of babies during the first 12 months of their lives
- Proton - a workspace attachment that allows using a laptop from a standing position
- New app for better trip management
Babson/Olin/MassArt Undergraduate Product Presentations and Exhibit, December 12, 2013
Integrated student teams composed of students from all three Colleges will showcase and deliver short presentations of their designs and concepts developed during a joint three-school undergraduate course in Product Design. Seven novel designs include:
- Notification tags to prevent food waste from spoilage
- Clothes freshener to extend the use of clothing without washing
- Recirculating sink to save water while hand washing
- Flow controller to limit water wasted while washing dishes
- Pulsing water timer to provide a sense of time while showering
- Shared modular furniture to personalize dorm living and save resources
- Aquarium ecosystem linked to home water use to educate children
For more on the Product Design Events visit Babson Professor Sebastian Fixson's Innovation By Design website, http://innovationbydesign.org/.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds(tm). The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action(r) as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit www.babson.edu.
This news release was issued on behalf of Newswise™. For more information, visit http://www.newswise.com.
SOURCE Babson College