Babson College Undergraduate & Graduate Startups Supported In 2014 Spring Hatcheries
WELLESLEY, Mass., March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Babson College startups are receiving support this spring in Undergraduate and MBA Hatcheries located on Babson's Wellesley campus.
As part of the John E. and Alice L. Butler Venture Accelerator Program, the undergraduate and graduate Hatcheries provide a vibrant atmosphere conducive to sharing ideas and information among student teams, faculty, executives-in-residence and visiting entrepreneurs.
The Hatcheries function like incubators where student entrepreneurs have access to professional and semiprivate workspace to grow their businesses. Student businesses go through an application process before they are selected. Teams are awarded space in the Hatcheries one term at a time.
Spring 2014 Hatchery Businesses
- GoProfile Green (Daniel Carranza M'14) - GoProfile Green is a social media platform that offsets carbon emissions and certifies your profile as carbon neutral.
- HigherMe (Rob Hunter M'14 & Evan Lodge M'14) - HigherMe is a website and mobile application that gives prospective employees the chance to submit short 1-minute video introductions to any retail establishments in their area. HigherMe allows prospective employers to get a glimpse of the more human qualities necessary to succeed in retail environments.
- Hughes Risk Apps (Mollie Ullman-Cullere M'15) - Hughes RiskApps has several clinical software products which use personal and family health history information to identify patients at high risk for disease (i.e. population screening), manage these high risk patients, and develop preventative care plans.
- myfaci.com (Bharat Khetan M'14) - myfaci.com facilitates everyday meals in a box. It gives pre-measured ingredients with easy to follow recipe cards in a box. This box is preceded by a meal planning app that helps you plan meals for the week and buy perishable groceries accordingly.
- Plaiding (Jorge Gutierrez Alvarez M'14) - Plaiding is an advertisement network with social causes. It's a tool for both brands and mobile app users to help the world.
- Salamander's Energy Solutions (Alfredo Gago M'12, CAM'14) - Salamander's Energy Solutions provides an innovative way to charge cell phones, tablet and gadgets in public spaces.
- Startup Rounds (Paul Hammond M'14) - Startup Rounds qualifies startups for investment. Startup companies apply to compete in a contest for support, recognition, customers and capital. The top scoring startups advance to later rounds, establishing credibility, proving concept, and gaining recognition, furthering opportunities to raise money, generate sales and win cash prizes.
- Intelligent Payment Networks, LLC (Max Miller '16 and Eveline Dang '14) - Intelligent Payment Networks prides itself on being at the forefront of technology in the payment processing industry. IPN provides businesses with solutions for accepting, processing, and managing electronic payments, with professionals being well trained to guide merchants through the transaction process in the most efficient manner.
- Lucky Shoe Magnets (Alexis Ierardi '16) - Lucky Shoe Magnets provide a great new way to fasten on everything from badges to stylish accents. Lucky Shoe Magnets embodies the wearer's individuality and creativity through the toughest parts of the day.
- Wiz Studios (Dominic Esposito '15 & Ryan Narod '16) - Wiz Studios is a creative consulting studio that "builds technology that builds business," including developing websites, mobile applications, creating brand identities, marketing campaigns, internal solutions, and more. Wiz Studios works with clients big and small across a range of sectors and utilize all forms of media to get their name out there in the most cutting-edge fashion.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All KindsTM. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society—while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
SOURCE Babson College