WELLESLEY, Mass., March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Babson Energy and Environment Club will host its 10th Annual Babson Energy and Environment Conference on Friday, April 1st at Babson College.
This year's theme is Redefining Consumption, with discussions of megatrends such as the sharing economy, the internet of things, and augmented reality.
Session topics include impact investing, alternative energies, CSR, and leading a zero waste lifestyle.
Speakers and moderators include
- Bill McKibben, Founder of the grassroots climate campaign 350.org
- Ken Kimmell, President, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Bea Johnson, lifestyle blogger and author of Zero Waste Home
- Jim Heppelmann, CEO of PTC
- Shriyans Bhandari M'16, CEO & Co-founder of Greensole
- Alyssa Caddle, Consultant Program Manager with Office of Sustainability at EMC Corporation
- Brian Case, General Manager, Onsite Power Solutions GE Current
- John Chaimanis, Managing Director, Kendall Sustainable Infrastructure
- Fouad Dagher, Director, Customer Solutions, National Grid
- Bill Davis, Managing Director, Empirical Asset Management
- Mark Donohue '88, Serial Entrepreneur
- Sinan Erzurumlu, Babson Professor
- John Gingrich, Senior Vice President, Strategic Partnerships - EnergySage Inc.
- Dylan Husted '17, Babson undergraduate and Founder, SaveOhno.org
- Johanna Jobin, Director, Global EHS & Sustainability - Biogen
- Declan Keefe, Co-founder & Co-Owner of Placetailor
- Bob Massie, President & CEO of New Economics Institute
- Melissa Monich, Vice President, VP R&D, Grooming, Global Devices, Smart Products TBT
- Jim O'Sullivan, VP & CTO of Technip USA
- Tim Smith, Director of ESG Shareowner Engagement at Walden Asset Management
For more information and to register, visit www.babsonenergy.com
About Babson Energy and Environment Club
The Babson Energy and Environment Club is a group of students committed to entrepreneurship, sustainable initiatives, and educating ourselves with all things green.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds(r). The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought & Action(r) as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. Visit www.babson.edu.
Contact: Michael Chmura, email@example.com
This news release was issued on behalf of Newswise(TM). For more information, visit http://www.newswise.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/babson-hosts-10th-annual-babson-energy-and-environmental-conference-on-april-1st-300241160.html
SOURCE Babson College