LONDON, May 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The economic crisis which has afflicted Ireland since 2008 has generally had a negative impact on food sales. Although baby food is more resilient than many food sectors, as parents tend to continue to try to give their babies what they consider is the best possible nutrition, there has been a clear trend towards lower priced products and to purchasing when products are on special offer. As the majority of mothers in Ireland use formula milks from birth and, if not, have introduced formula milk by the second or third month, demand for first and follow-on milks is very strong. The infant formula market has been strengthened by the high proportion of women aged 20-45 years of age who are in employment. Early return to work after childbirth supports a continued demand for flexible feeding options.
- The Irish population and its baby food market are both small. Sales are heavily dependent on the number of annual births: between 2009 and 2015 the number of births fell by over 13%.
- The market is dominated by baby milks, which accounted for 60.7% of value sales in 2015, up from 58% in 2009. Sales have been boosted by higher growth in growing-up milks, as well as a move towards sales of premium and ready-to-feed products.
- Danone continues to dominate the market, with a 61.3% value share in 2015. It leads in milks, cereals and wet meals.
- The annual number of births is expected to continue to fall, producing a brake on sales growth. By 2021, the market is expected to have an increase of 14% compared with 2015
"Baby Food in Ireland" is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Ireland market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3724620/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/baby-food-in-ireland-canadean-ltd-300275029.html