NEW YORK, May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
After a period of strong growth until 2009, the market for baby food in Spain began to decline, due to the combination of a lower number of births and the onset of an economic crisis, which caused spending to be reduced. In terms of volume, the market has fallen by 19.5% since 2009. In per capita expenditure terms, wet meals and milks were the only sectors which had witnessed any growth- albeit marginal - between 2005 and 2015, indicating the willingness of consumers to spend more on products such as liquid milk and convenient wet meals. Despite the overall depressed nature of the market, manufacturers have continued to try to stimulate sales and several new ranges and products have been launched.
- After peaking in 2009, the number of live births has fallen over the last five years, and this factor, allied to the country's economic crisis, saw volume and value sales fall by 12.9% in 2015, while volume sales declined by 19.5%
- Baby milks account for 55.4% of value sales of baby food, well ahead of wet meals (27.5%) and cereals (16.8%).
- The Spanish baby food market is dominated by two manufacturers, Nestlé and Hero, which together accounted for over 70% of volume sales in 2015.
- Prospects for the Spanish baby food market over the next few years are relatively bleak. Over the whole period from 2015 up to 2021, there is expected to be a fall of 11.4% in the total market
"Baby Food in Spain" is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spain market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby foodretailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with thedistribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03818483-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/baby-food-in-spain-canadean-ltd-300266404.html