- In China, all the main infant formula manufacturers have reported that demand is clearly slowing, with this particularly pronounced in the mid-priced and premium sectors.
- Aspen's results for the full year to June 30, 2016 show a 9.5% increase in net revenue, where commercial nutritional sales account for 12.7% of total revenue and performed particularly strongly, rising by over 12.6%.
- In Indonesia, the local food and drugs authority, BPOM, has confiscated products sold under the Bebiluck brand because they are do not meet safety standards.
- Abbott Laboratories' Nutritional business reported an increase of 4.3% excluding the impact of foreign exchange in the first half of 2016.
- In Nigeria, prices of baby food, including infant formula, are reported to have increased by 50% in the last year, pushing them beyond the reach of many women.
This quarterly issue provides a review of news and analysis for the infant nutrition industry, covering the July-September 2016 period. Market News includes: the Brazilian health ministry has launched a campaign to boost breastfeeding; import tariffs have made baby milk in Ecuador more expensive than elsewhere in South America; in Mexico Aspen has gained a contract to supply infant formula to the social security institute; (Hero) rolls out Beech-Nut Organic Coldpurée in the US; a2 Platinum is Australia's fastest-growing formula brand; sales of infant formula in China are growing in the B2C online and baby store channels, but declining in the C2C online channel and the modern retail trade. In Company News, this issue provides financial results for multinational and local players, reports on production expansion in the infant formula sector, and an insight into new joint ventures and partnerships, as well as merger and acquisition activity.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4389242/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/baby-nutrition-insights---issue-29-300370037.html