SPARTANBURG, S.C., April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Are you planning your Earth Day stories and features? Babyville Boutique™ suggests a cloth diaper Earth Day challenge that can have significant results in just one day! Do you know how many disposable diapers are dumped in landfills each year and their impact on the environment?
- 20 Billion disposable diapers are dumped in landfills each year, accounting for more than 3.5 million tons of waste. (ugh) Source: EPA
- Each diaper can take up to 500 years to break down, contaminating ground water and releasing methane into the atmosphere. Source: Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program
- More than 200,000 trees are lost to the manufacture of disposable diapers for babies in the US alone. Source: The Good Human
- 3.4 billion gallons of fuel oil are used each year to make diapers.
If all families in the US who use disposable diapers switched to cloth diapers for Earth Day alone, it would reduce the numbers dumped in landfills by 49,000,000 for that day!
The Earth Friendly Solution:
- CLOTH DIAPERS! -- young environmentally aware moms are returning to the use of adorable cloth diapers
- Babyville Boutique -- is the first total cloth diaper making program available in fabric stores nationwide including Joann's, select Wal-Mart, Hancock, and online retailers for making adorable, colorful cloth diapers. www.babyvilleboutique.com
- Mark your calendar for April 20, 2013 and the Great Cloth Diaper Change event to set a Guinness record for the most reusable cloth diapers changed simultaneously, www.greatclothdiaperchange.com
Babyville Boutique™ from Prym-Consumer USA, a program of cloth diaper making fabrics, coordinating notions and embellishments, books and patterns, is helping families to reduce their impact on the planet by making adorable, reusable cloth diapers. At the same time, families save money and generate oohs and aahs from family and friends! www.babyvilleboutique.com Babyville Boutique™ recently donated hundreds of yards of cloth diaper making fabrics, notions, and embellishments to several 501 (c)3 charities whose volunteer networks sew diapers and other baby items for needy families. Giving Diapers, Giving Hope; Sweet Cheeks Diaper Kits; and Sew For Love received numerous bolts of Babyville Boutique PUL (polyurethane laminate) fabrics in a variety of colorful printed designs with coordinating notions and embellishments.
About Prym Consumer - Prym Consumer is the world's leading supplier of sewing and quilting products. As a division of William Prym Group located in Stolberg, Germany, it remains forefront in the leading technology for offering quality products and marketing innovation worldwide. www.dritz.com
Top Ten Reasons for Cloth Diapering:
- Baby's comfort
- Save Money
- Potty Training is easier, comes earlier
- Cotton Diapers are gel free
- Cloth Diapers are so much better looking
- More fun for mom
- Better cushioning for baby's bum
- Being a leader is more fun than being a follower.
cell - 908-310-4551
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE Prym Consumer USA