HARTFORD, Conn., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Back9Network, a new lifestyle television network and media company, today announced its coverage and exhibit plans for the 60th PGA Merchandise Show and 11th Annual PGA Merchandise Show Outdoor Demo Day and Indoor Demo Days, held this year from Jan. 23-26, 2013, at the Orange County Convention Center and Orange County National Golf Center in Orlando, Fla.
"Last January, we gave PGA Merchandise Show attendees a first look at our plans for Back9Network and we're proud to share the enormous progress we've made in putting the personnel pieces in place and establishing the infrastructure to formally launch our lifestyle media brand in 2013," said James L. ("Jamie") Bosworth, founder and CEO, Back9Network. "Back9Network is inviting everyone into the golf lifestyle, from those who are already part of the game to those who aspire to live the golf life...even if they rarely pick up a club."
On Wednesday, January 23 (Demo Day), Back9Network will have four camera crews and a team of reporters, commentators and contributors covering all the different manufacturers and teaching exhibits. From Thursday through Saturday, Back9Network will have its crews scouring events and exhibits to cover all aspects of the year's top golf industry event. Back9Network's daily show coverage — available at the newly redesigned Back9Network.com, which launches at the PGA Show — will feature interviews with the industry's biggest stars and most interesting personalities and decision makers. Back9Network will also provide an insiders' look at the hottest new equipment, gear, fashion and apparel coming from the best-known golf lifestyle brands in the world.
Back9Network will be located at Booth #1153 on the show floor, flanked by Nike Golf, COBRA PUMA GOLF and Callaway Golf in the equipment hall. Live broadcasts of SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio's Fairways of Life with Matt Adams will emanate from the booth. Back9Network will also unveil sneak previews of new programming that is in development and provide a look at the nearly completed Back9Network TV and Video Production Studio and dynamic new Back9Network Corporate Headquarters in downtown Hartford, Conn., which features a working digital studio space and lounge with more than 15 different filming locations.
"The PGA Show is the one annual event where you can experience the incredible breadth and influence golf has on popular culture and life beyond the professional tours. We're eager to bring viewers inside this year's event," concluded Mr. Bosworth.
Back9Network.com, the online clubhouse of Back9Network, will offer frequently updated, daily coverage from the PGA Show, including:
- Back9 in 90: the daily online update from Back9Network, hosted by Jennifer Bosworth and Charles Everett, will provide hourly updates and interviews from Demo Day and the show floor as noted below:
- Wednesday, January 23 (Demo Day): 12pm – 6pm ET
- Thursday, January 24 & Friday, January 25: 10am – 6pm ET
- Saturday, January 26: 10am – 2pm ET
- Fairways of Life with Matt Adams: The popular SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio daily weekday morning program, Fairways of Life with Matt Adams, will be broadcast live from the Back9Network PGA Show booth and streamed live at Back9Network.com on Thursday, January 24 and Friday, January 25 from 7am – 9am ET. Later each day, from 11am – 12pm ET, Matt Adams will host a special edition of Fairways of Life from the Back9Network booth prior to SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio's live coverage of the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines.
Since December, Fairways of Life with Matt Adams has been streamed live every weekday morning at BackNetwork.com with an archive of prior shows available on-demand, 24/7/365. Back9Network serves as the primary naming sponsor of the call-in phone lines (Back9Network Fan Line) and sponsors weekly appearances by iconic broadcaster Ben Wright. To listen, visit Back9Network.com and click on the Fairways of Life with Matt Adams audio player on the home page to tune in live or to access past shows.
- Back9Network Coverage Team: The network's four camera crews will be accompanied by Back9Network's on-air and online team of hosts, commentators and contributors, including:
- Tony Jacklin: legendary golfer, Global Brand Ambassador
- Jennifer Bosworth: co-host of Back9 in 90; Emmy nominated reporter, anchor and writer
- Charles Everett: co-host of Back9 in 90; reporter, writer and actor
- Anna Rawson: professional golfer, runway model, writer and host
- Matt Adams: award-winning broadcaster, host
- Ryan Ballengee: managing editor, Back9Network.com
- Alison Waite: writer of Back9Network.com's Ask Ali relationship column, actress, reporter and host
- Javier Colon: Artist in Residence, entertainment correspondent, winner of NBC's "The Voice"
- John Maginnes: broadcaster, three-time Web.com Tour Winner.
Back9Network will introduce the newest member of its coverage team and present an expanded roster of Back9Network Player Ambassadors on Tuesday, January 22, prior to Demo Day.
Back9Network plans to launch its full programming lineup via cable, satellite, mobile devices, and other content delivery platforms in 2013.
Back9Network, based in Hartford, Conn., is a new lifestyle television network and media company. Back9Network was developed as a complementary alternative to traditional media's focus on professional golf tournament coverage. Focused on compelling storytelling, interesting personalities, features and fashions, interviews and instruction, travel, gear and so much more, fans of all kinds will want to hang with the Back9Network. Back9Network.com, the online clubhouse for Back9Network, delivers a fresh perspective on the golf lifestyle and its worldwide influence.
Back9Network's TV and Video Production Studio and Corporate Headquarters are a central part of the rebirth of downtown Hartford. Back9Network joins ESPN, NBC Sports and YES Network in Connecticut, which is quickly becoming the sports media capital of the world. Back9Network's leadership includes respected and outspoken executives from the golf and media industries. Clint Eastwood serves as chairman of the Back9Network Creative Committee. For further information, visit www.Back9Network.com.
About the 60th PGA Merchandise Show:
The 60th PGA Merchandise Show, held January 24-26, 2013, in Orlando, Fla., will welcome some 1,000 top golf companies and brands and more than 40,000 industry professionals from around the world to the industry's annual global summit for the business of golf. The PGA Show Outdoor Demo Day, the world's largest professional golf testing event, will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 23, at the Orange County National Golf Center. During Show days, PGA Professionals, retailers and industry leaders will uncover the latest trends, source the newest golf merchandise, test the latest equipment, learn proven business best practices, network among peers and move forward the business of the game. Organized in partnership with The PGA of America as a trade-only event, the 2013 PGA Merchandise Show will be held in the Orange County Convention Center ~ 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Jan. 24-25; and 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on Jan. 26. For more information, visit www.pgashow.com.