CHICAGO, May 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Backstop Solutions Group, the leading provider of cloud-based productivity solutions for hedge funds, private equity, real estate, pensions, endowments, foundations, family offices, consultants, and funds of funds, announced today the launch of its 11th annual Backstop User Conference (BUC) in Chicago. For the first time, the conference will be open to the industry as well as Backstop's existing clients in order to create a forum for discussion about industry trends among experienced and forward-thinking professionals.
"We've seen repeated success and positive feedback about our user conference in years past, but we think there is no better way to serve our clients and further the industry than to include the input of a wide range of firms, not just our clients," said Clint Coghill, founder and CEO of Backstop. "Our agenda is packed this year with industry panel sessions as well as returning BUC favorites, and we are very much looking forward to the discussions."
The conference will be held from June 6-7, 2017 at Venue SIX10 in Chicago and will feature panel sessions targeted by industry segment including:
- For managers and allocators:
- Here's the Cyber Security Landscape You're up Against Today
- RFP/DDQ Best Practices: Perspectives From Both Managers & Allocators
- For managers:
- How to Build an Effective, Repeatable, and Sustainable Capital-Raising & Retention Program
- What Institutional Investors Expect From You and Your Service Providers When It Comes to Data Management, Compliance, & Communications
- For allocators:
- Data-Rich vs. Insight-Poor: Bad Things Can Happen to Good Allocators
- The 7 Deadly Sins of ODD
This year's BUC will feature several Client Success Showcases during which existing Backstop clients will share best practices and keys to success. Confirmed Client Showcase speakers include:
- Kelly Kruse, Client Service and Development Specialist at Crestline Management, L.P. – "Effectively Manage Your Capital Raising Process"
- Marie Kiczek, Client Services at Alternative Investment Management – "Forge Ahead with Event Tracking"
- Quinn James, Performance Analyst at DUMAC – "Getting into the ETK"
- Maria Szabo and Shanti Addeo, Client Services at GTIS Partners and Michael Corrao, Director of Investor Relations & Communications at Salient Partners, L.P. – "The Value of Fully Leveraging Backstop"
- Kevin Holl, Managing Director, Technology & Corporate Operations at Evanston Capital Management – "Introduction to Backstop Accounting"
Backstop is excited to announce that crowd favorites like the BackChat Bar (a forum for trouble-shooting and feedback) and in-depth demos and workshops will return, as well.
"BUC provides us with an invaluable venue to collect client feedback, set the agenda for product updates and launches moving forward, and learn together as a community," continued Coghill. "We are keen to see the insights that emerge when our clients and the broader industry come together to work on issues the alternative investment industry is facing, including data management and operational challenges."
Backstop clients and the broader alternative/institutional investment community are invited to register for BUC 2017 here.
About Backstop Solutions Group
Backstop Solutions Group is a leading provider of cloud-based productivity solutions for hedge funds, private equity, real estate, pensions, endowments, foundations, family offices, consultants, and funds of funds. Founded in 2003, Backstop created the industry's first web-based software that empowers firms in the alternative investment management industry to adapt to change and overcome complex issues. With offices across the United States and in Europe and Asia, Backstop now serves over 700 firms worldwide, making it one of the fastest growing software providers in the financial services industry. For more information, visit www.backstopsolutions.com. Connect with us on LinkedInhttp://www.twitter.com/backstop.
(917) 765 8720
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/backstops-popular-user-conference-opens-its-doors-to-industry-300455926.html
SOURCE Backstop Solutions Group