RONKONKOMA, N.Y., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Sunday, March 10, the majority of the country will set its clocks forward in an annual ritual that signals the start of spring with extended daylight hours. While we'll all be thrilled for the extra Vitamin D, Daylight Savings can also mean that overachievers, Type A personalities and anyone with sunglasses will be doing more with their days. Using this clock reset as an opportunity to also reset our way of thinking, Balance Bar Company, maker of one of America's original nutrition energy bars, has paired with Laurel House, The Quickie Chick, to offer some actionable and easy ways to "do it all" this spring while still maintaining life balance.
Balance Bar and Laurel will be hosting a live, one-hour Twitter chat on the topic on Thursday, March 7 at 9:00 PM EST/6:00 PM PST. Popular bloggers from A Mom's Take, Around the Plate and The Sweet Life with Erika will also join the discussion and offer tips for creating balance even when the days – and to-do lists – get longer.
Some of Laurel's Quickie Chick Tips for doing more with balance this Daylight Savings are here and on Balance.com.
- Fuel Up: You don't want that extra hour to cause your entire day to be a daze, so make sure to eat energizing foods that will help keep your mind sharp and your mood lifted. A few to try include: rye bread, avocado, onions, apples with peanut butter, and of course, Balance Bars.
- Be Selfish: Your life called, and asked for its balance back. Take advantage of the extra hour of daylight to decompress, shed the work stress, and enter into the second phase of your day. Finally take that yoga class that you've always wanted to try or stop on your way home at the flower garden that you always pass and smell the roses.
- Be Selfless: After work, go to your local animal shelter and take a couple of dogs for a walk- it will give them a moment of reprieve, and brighten your evening too.
- For Your Relationship: Cut off the work energy, drop the residual stress of the day, and reset the stage for romance. Take a walk together before dinner, make dinner together, or make time to do something thoughtful like hiding simple "I love you" notes in a closed laptop, a coat pocket, a travel bag- somewhere you know it will be spotted.
- For Your Friendship: Institute a "Walk & Talk Happy Hour"! Stop debating between working out or having girl time. Do both! Take advantage of the extra daylight and make plans to meet up for a walk and talk. Make the hour even happier by bringing along a Dark Chocolate Crunch Balance Bar®. It will sustain you through your walk and feel like you're eating dessert first (without the calorie-dense guilt).
Although we are saying hello to more sunlight, there's always room for more dark – chocolate that is! The NEW Balance Bar® Dark line, available in three decadent flavors all featuring dark chocolate coating – Dark Chocolate Crunch, Dark Chocolate Coconut and Dark Chocolate Peanut – is the first nutrition bar line on the market to include 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified™ cocoa and bear their well-respected seal. In addition to the Dark bars, Balance Bar® offers a variety of formulas (Original, Gold, Bare, and mini) providing great taste, lasting energy and convenient nutrition to help everyone get through these longer days.
"The word multitasker is almost a universal definition of how Americans are living today. We are always doing three things at once and that's at a quiet time!" said Katia Facchetti, Chief Marketing Officer for Balance Bar Company. "Balance Bar was created to fit that lifestyle and offer an easy yet delicious way to get balanced nutrition and lasting energy – even when the days get longer!"
About Balance Bar
Founded in 1992, Balance Bar®, one of America's original nutrition/energy bars, inspires consumers to lead active, well-rounded and balanced lives by providing great-tasting and convenient nutrition for lasting energy. Balance Bars are available in five unique product lines (Original, Gold, Dark, Bare and mini) and all 21 flavors are based on the 40/30/30 nutrition model – a proven formula developed by scientists to help stabilize blood sugar levels that represents the caloric ratio the body needs to enjoy lasting balanced energy and satisfy hunger for longer; 40% of total calories from carbs, 30% from quality protein and 30% from dietary fat. For more information, visit www.Balance.com. Follow Balance Bar for tips and nutritional information on Facebook® (www.facebook.com/Balancebar) and Twitter® (www.twitter.com/Balancebar).
SOURCE Balance Bar