Ballpark Favorite Fare to Highlight Menus for T-Mobile All-Star FanFest Centerplate plans an All-Star lineup at the Javits Center
NEW YORK, July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, event hospitality partner in over 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America and the United Kingdom, is proud to join the Javits Center and Major League Baseball in welcoming fans to the T-Mobile All-Star FanFest this week, July 12 - July 16.
As the Javits Center prepares to welcome more than 100,000 fans for 5 days of Major League fun, Centerplate's culinary team is ready to showcase a sampling of greatest hits in ballpark fare—so fans can make a day of it. In addition to being the hospitality partner for the Javits Center, Centerplate has helped teams host at least 10 All-Star Series (including the last one in New York City in 2008) and also serves fans at Major League and Minor League Ballparks around the country—including Safeco Field (home of the Seattle Mariners), AT&T Park (home of the San Francisco Giants), Tropicana Field (home of the Tampa Bay Rays), and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park (home of Minor League's Durham Bulls), winner of the MiLB FoodFight for best hot dog.
Working with Major League Baseball, Centerplate has all the culinary bases covered, with options from around the country, including:
- New York's Own LaFrieda Italian Sausages: grilled Italian sausage served with sautéed onions and peppers, on a fresh-baked roll. (Find it in: Diamond Food court in 3A Hall)
- San Francisco's Famous Garlic Fries: crisp hand-cut French fries tossed in garlic and olive oil and finished with Parmesan Cheese. (Find it in: South Crystal Palace)
- Miami's signature Cuban Sandwich: slow-roasted pork topped with ham and Swiss cheese, topped with yellow mustard and a dill pickle and served with creamy slaw on a Cuban-style bun and a side of seasoned chips. (Find it in: Diamond Food court in 3 A Hall)
- Chicago Dog: Hot dog topped with yellow mustard, chopped white onion, bright green sweet pickle relish; a dill pickle spear; tomato slices, pickled sport peppers; and a dash of celery salt (Find it in: Ball Park food court located in 3B hall, next to the MLB Clubhouse store.)
- Philly Cheese Steak: thinly-sliced rib eye beef with sauteed onions and peppers, topped with either Cheez Whiz or Provolone, and served with hot or sweet peppers on a long crusty roll. (Find it in: Located in the 3 B hall next to the FanFest Batting practice)
- Detroit Dogs: Hot dog loaded with mustard and beanless chili, crowned with chopped white onions. (Find it in: Ball Park food court located in 3B hall, next to the MLB Clubhouse store)
- Barbeque Pulled Pork sandwiches: slow-roasted LaFreida pork shoulder, hand-pulled and served with creamy slaw and season chips on a Martins Potato roll. (Find it in: Diamond Food court in 3 A Hall)
True to the Centerplate ballpark experience, there will also be a variety of options for fans in search of organic, vegetarian, and gluten-free fare at SQUEEZE, a dedicated Organic Gluten-Free cart. The menu includes fresh pressed juices and snacks, gluten-free Macaroni and Cheese, Veggie Dogs, Caribbean Empanadas and Kale Quinoa salad.
The five-day event is the world's largest interactive baseball fan event and features interactive activities and historical exhibits, free autographs from Hall of Famers and MLB legends, youth skills clinics taught by current and former MLB players and much more. The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum exhibit allows fans to relive baseball's glorious past through more than 115 artifacts direct from the collections of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York.
All T-Mobile All-Star FanFest attractions are free with the price of admission, and the only additional event costs are for concessions and memorabilia.
A special promotion, "Eat and Play," will be available for fans 12 and under—a $20 ticket includes admission, a Sabrett Hot Dog and a 12 oz beverage . Additionally, a special partnership with The Boys and Girls Clubs of America will also make available food and beverage at a discount for participating ticket holders during the event.
Centerplate and the Javits Center welcomes fans to the T-Mobile All-Star FanFest beginning this Friday, July 12 through Monday, July 15 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.; and Tuesday, July 16 from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." for more than 115 million guests each year in over 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America and the United Kingdom. Centerplate has provided event hospitality to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history. Recently, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/hospitality group in the United States by Nation's Restaurant News, and has recently expanded operations in the United Kingdom. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com.