Banco Macro Announces Results for the Fourth Quarter of 2013
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013 ("4Q13"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.953.4 million in 4Q13. This result was 67% higher than the Ps.571.9 million reported in the third quarter of 2013 ("3Q13") and 124% higher than the Ps.425.8 million posted in the fourth quarter of 2012 ("4Q12"). In 4Q13, the accumulated return on average equity ("ROAE") and the accumulated return on average assets ("ROAA") were 33.3% and 4.6%, respectively.
- In 4Q13, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 7% or Ps.2.4 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.39.5 billion. Commercial loans showed better performance than consumer loans. Among commercial loans, pledge and mortgages loans (mainly productive investments loans with mortgage and pledge guarantees respectively, according to Communication "A" 5319, "A" 5380 and "A" 5449 of BCRA), grew 22% and 20% QoQ, respectively. Credit cards and personal loans rose 19% and 7% QoQ, respectively.
- In 4Q13, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 4% QoQ, totaling Ps.43.4 billion and representing 86% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 9% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.4.2 billion (25.3% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 33.3% of its total deposits in 4Q13.
- In 4Q13, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.7% and the coverage ratio reached 149.06%.
4Q13 Earnings Release Conference Call
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 1:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial:
Argentine Participants: (0800) 444 2930
U.S. Participants: +1 (877) 317 6776
Participants from outside the U.S.:
+1 (412) 317 6776
Conference ID: Banco Macro
Webcast Replay: click here
Available from 2/20/2014 through 3/6/2014
With the presence of: Jorge Pablo Brito (Member of the Executive Committee), Guillermo Goldberg (Commercial Deputy General Manager), Jorge Scarinci (Finance and IR Manager) and Ines Lanusse (Investor Relations Officer).
IR Contacts in Buenos Aires:
Finance & IR Manager
Phone: (54 11) 5222 6682
Visit our website at: www.ri-macro.com.ar
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.