BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Nov. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015 ("3Q15"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.1.1 billion in 3Q15. This result was 34% higher than the Ps.822.7 million posted in the second quarter of 2015 ("2Q15") and 12% higher than the Ps.985.5 million reported in the third quarter of 2014 ("3Q14"). In 3Q15, the accumulated annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the accumulated annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 31.5% and 4.9%, respectively.
- In 3Q15, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 10% or Ps.5.3 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.56.8 billion. Among commercial loans, growth was driven by overdrafts, documents and mortgage loans (mainly productive investments loans with mortgage guarantee according to Communication "A" 5319, "A" 5380, "A" 5449, "A" 5516, "A" 5600, "A" 5681, "A" 5771 and it´s corresponding modifications of BCRA), grew 23%, 11% and 10% QoQ, respectively. Meanwhile within consumer loans, personal loans and credit cards rose 13% and 9% QoQ, respectively.
- In 3Q15, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 8% QoQ, totaling Ps.69.5 billion and representing 85% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 6% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.6.5 billion (21.8% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 38.2% of its total deposits in 3Q15.
- In 3Q15, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.77% and the coverage ratio reached 129.92%.
3Q15 Earnings Release Conference Call
Thursday, November 12, 2015 Time: 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 12:00 p.m. Buenos Aires Time
To participate, please dial: Argentine Participants: (0800) 444 2930 U.S. Participants: +1 (877) 317 6776 Participants from outside the U.S.: +1 (412) 317 6776
Conference ID: Banco Macro Webcast: click here
Webcast Replay: click here Available from 11/12/2015 through 11/26/2015
With the presence of: Jorge Pablo Brito (Member of the Executive Committee), Guillermo Goldberg (Commercial Deputy General Manager), Jorge Scarinci (Finance and IR Manager) and Ines Lanusse (Investor Relations Officer).
IR Contacts in Buenos Aires: Jorge Scarinci Finance & IR Manager
Ines Lanusse Investor Relations Officer
Phone: (54 11) 5222 6682 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at: www.ri-macro.com.ar
SOURCE Banco Macro S.A.