SYRACUSE, N.Y., Oct. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Bankers Healthcare Group, the leading provider of financial solutions for healthcare professionals, is proud to present the 2015 Excellence in Health Care Awards. This annual awards-recognition event honors individuals and organizations that have a significant impact on the quality of healthcare in Central New York.
"As a company that works solely with the healthcare community, we have a great deal of respect for the dedication of these professionals to their patients and their field," said BHG CEO Al Crawford. "We would like to thank this year's honorees and their colleagues for all they do to provide our community with exceptional care."
"It is a true honor, for the fourth consecutive year, for BHG to present the Excellence In Health Care Awards and celebrate this year's 15 distinguished honorees," said BHG Relationship Director Scott Brennan. "We would especially like to congratulate Dr. Merola on receiving the inaugural Lifetime Health-Care Achievement Award, an award which we are excited to announce will continue in his name as the Dr. A. John Merola Lifetime Health-Care Achievement Award."
"I am humbled by this recognition of what I have tried to do in the community to advance healthcare, and this award means a great deal to me," Dr. Merola told HealthCare Provider. "I believe that in healthcare, the patient should come first. And, being honored means others must feel the same way."
Among other notable achievements, Dr. Merola was instrumental in the building of the North and Northeast Medical Centers. "My vision in building these centers was to create a delivery system that would bring healthcare services to the suburbs where people live—a single place where patients could access almost all of their healthcare needs under the same roof, including evaluation, diagnostic testing and treatment," Dr. Merola continued.
Dr. Merola and his fellow honorees were recognized at a ceremony held Thursday, October 22, 2015 at The Lodge at Welch Allyn. Honoree profiles were published in the October 19 edition of the CNY Business Journal and the HealthCare Provider.
2015 Excellence in Health Care Honorees:
- Community Partners/Advocates of the Year: K&A Services; St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center
- Dentist of the Year: Dr. Rubin Cowart, retired, of Syracuse Community Health
- Education in Health Care: Sports Physical Therapy of New York
- Emergency Medical Technician of the Year: Ed Moser of Rural/Metro Medical Services of Central New York
- Health-Care Facility of the Year: Finger Lakes Center for Living
- Health-Care Volunteer of the Year: Amy Scullion, BSN, MSN, FNP-C, of Longevity-Breathe Deep CNY
- Innovations in Health Care: Dr. David Cifra, DC, of Upstate Spinal Decompression; Heather Bernard, RN, BS, CIC, of Mohawk Valley Health System, St. Luke's Campus; Kate Rolf of VNA Homecare
- Nurse of the Year: Linda Lyon, RN, CN-BN, of The Woman's Imaging Center at Rome Memorial Hospital
- Physical Therapists of the Year: Dr. Chad Pens of COAST Physical Therapy; Dr. Douglas Fye of Auburn Community Hospital
- Physicians of the Year: Neil F. Mariados, MD, of Associated Medical Professionals of NY, PLLC; Julius Gene S. Latorre, MD, MPH, of Upstate University Hospital
- Practice Manager of the Year: Anne E. Zaccheo of Nephrology Associates of Syracuse, PC
- Specialty Center of the Year: Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists
- Surgeon of the Year: Dr. Gregory Fink, MD, of Upstate Medical University
- Surgical Facility of the Year: Crouse Neuroscience Institute
- Lifetime Health-Care Achievement: A. John Merola, MD, of Summit Commercial Real Estate Group, LLC
About Bankers Healthcare Group
Since 2001, Bankers Healthcare Group has been committed to providing hassle-free financial solutions to healthcare professionals, including personal and commercial loans, credits cards and insurance services. BHG has provided more than $2 billion in funding to thousands of satisfied customers nationwide. Inc. has recognized the company ten times for growth and job creation. For additional information, please visit www.bhg-inc.com.
Contact: Pat Harrigan (315) 671-4129
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151028/281482LOGO
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151028/281527
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151028/281526
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150323/183766LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bankers-healthcare-group-presents-the-2015-excellence-in-health-care-awards-congratulates-this-years-honorees-300168092.html
SOURCE Bankers Healthcare Group