CHICAGO, April 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Barchart, a leading provider of market data and information, has announced that their free mobile app Barchart Stocks, Futures and Forex has surpassed 200,000 installs across iPhone and Android devices. The Barchart.com app provides in-depth market data and information to its users with more markets and coverage, including free real-time Bats stock prices, deeper historical data and exclusive Barchart.com content.
"The Barchart.com app continues to be a valuable tool that investors, traders and market analysts turn to for current financial market data and information across stocks, futures and forex," said Eero Pikat, President of Barchart. "By surpassing 200,000 installs, the Barchart.com app has proven to be a top-rated financial app and will continue to be so by providing extensive, accurate and in-depth financial information to its users," added Pikat.
The Barchart Stocks, Futures and Forex app recently released an updated 3.0 version to users with enhanced features and usability across the entire app, including:
New features available in version 3.0 of the Barchart.com App:
- Faster in-app running speed for user convenience
- Barchart Opinions are now available at no additional charge
- Removal of banner advertisements for improved user experience
- Receive in-app and/or email alerts for news and price changes
- View comparison charts
- Receive additional access to fundamental stock data
- View flipcharts on your custom portfolio
- Swipe through charts with enhanced speed and convenience
In addition to these new features, users still have access to the essential tools they have always used in the Barchart.com app:
- Unlimited custom watchlists and scrolling "mini views" for instant access to most symbol data from a single screen
- Stock, futures, and forex market overviews
- Extensive leader and sector lists for US and Canadian stocks, indices, futures, and forex
- Up to 12 detailed data screens per symbol including fundamental, technical, profile, and option data
- Fully customizable charts
- Global and top business / finance news with symbol-specific coverage
- Exclusive commodity market commentary
- Your portfolios and charts saved on Barchart.com are available for in-app viewing
In addition to surpassing 200,000 total installs, the Barchart.com app has been selected as a finalist in the upcoming 2016 SIIA CODiE Awards for Best Financial Management Mobile Application. The SIIA CODiE Awards are the premier awards for the software and information industries, and have been recognizing product excellence for over 30 years. The awards offer 91 categories that are organized by industry focus of education technology and business technology. The Barchart.com App was honored as one of 215 finalists across the 62 business technology categories.
For additional information, please visit www.barchart.com/app.
Barchart converts market data, financial data and news into technology solutions for the financial, media and commodity industries. Barchart's products include data feeds, trading software, mobile apps, and financial content and tools. For more information, please visit www.barchartmarketdata.com and www.barchart.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/barchartcom-mobile-app-surpasses-200000-installs-across-iphone-and-android-devices-300250308.html