SAN DIEGO, Jan. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Barney & Barney, a Marsh & McLennan Insurance Agency LLC company, today announced the appointment of nine Senior Executives to Principals.
The new Principals in the firm's San Diego office are David Freeman, Richard Hallett, LuAnn McSwiggen and Debora Walker. The new Principals in the firm's Orange County office are Amy Fisher, Mike Grant, Stacy Hubbard and Sam Quigley. Allison Barney is a new Principal in the firm's Walnut Creek office.
Barney & Barney now has 62 Principals in its offices in San Diego, Orange County and the San Francisco Bay Area.
"Allison Barney, Amy Fisher, Dave Freeman, Mike Grant, Richard Hallett, Stacy Hubbard, LuAnn McSwiggen, Sam Quigley, and Deb Walker are exceptional performers who have been instrumental in our continued growth and success," said CEO Paul Hering. "We are committed to rewarding top-tier performers through meaningful opportunities for professional growth. The appointment of five women also reflects our commitment to equal opportunity for advancement to senior positions at Barney & Barney."
The new Principals are as follows:
- Allison Barney, Principal. Barney joined the firm in 2009 and is currently Director of Client Services in the Bay Area, specializing in employee benefits. She has 15 years of experience and was previously Employee Benefits Manager at Standard Insurance Company for more than seven years. Barney received a Bachelor of Science degree from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- Amy Fisher, Principal. Fisher joined Barney & Barney in 2005 and is currently Director of Operations and Director of Client Service in the Property & Casualty Group in Orange County. She has more than 30 years of experience and previously worked for Marsh for 22 years, most recently as AVP, Client Executive. She holds the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation.
- David Freeman, Principal. Freeman joined Barney & Barney in 2013 and is currently Director, Commercial Sales in the Commercial Property & Casualty Group in San Diego. He has more than 20 years of experience and was previously Vice President, Commercial Lines at USI of Southern California Insurance Services. Prior to that, he was Regional Vice President at Liberty Mutual Insurance for 14 years. Freeman received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Minnesota.
- Mike Grant, Principal. Grant joined Barney & Barney in 2011 and is currently Director, Technology & Life Sciences Practice in Orange County. Grant has 28 years of experience and was previously an owner and technology insurance broker at Costello & Sons Insurance Brokers. Prior to that, he was an Account Executive at Complete Insurance Inc. and also served as Chief Financial Officer of Alton Geoscience. He also spent four years at Ernst & Young as Senior Auditor and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Grant received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Albion College in Michigan.
- Richard Hallett, Principal. Hallett joined Barney & Barney in 2008 and is currently Director of Surety in San Diego, specializing in the surety needs of domestic and international firms. He has more than 11 years of experience and was previously Executive Underwriter for Surety at Arch Insurance Group. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Miami University in Ohio. Hallett holds the designations of Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) and Certified Risk Manager (CRM). He is active in industry trade groups including the Associated General Contractors and the National Association of Surety Bond Producers.
- Stacy Hubbard, Principal. Hubbard joined Barney & Barney in 2011 and is currently Director, Client Services in Orange County, specializing in Employee Benefits. She has 21 years of experience and was previously an Account Executive with BB&T Insurance Services. Prior to that, she was Client Service Director at Gallagher Benefit Services. Hubbard received both a Master's degree and Bachelor of Arts degree from Chapman University.
- LuAnn McSwiggen, Principal. McSwiggen joined Barney & Barney in 2004 and is Director of Employee Benefits for San Diego. She has more than 24 years of experience and previously worked for Marsh for 13 years in a variety of positions, with a focus on employee benefits. McSwiggen has been instrumental in developing the firm's best practices in terms of materials and process. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from University of California, San Diego.
- Sam Quigley, Principal. Quigley joined Barney & Barney in 2003 and is currently Director, Property & Casualty in Orange County, specializing in recruiting, training and developing personnel. He has more than 14 years of experience and was previously an Associate at UBS Financial Services in San Diego. He has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of San Diego. He holds the designations of Accredited Adviser in Insurance (AAI®) and Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS).
- Debora Walker, Principal. Walker joined Barney & Barney in 1997 and is currently Director, Commercial Property & Casualty, in San Diego. She has more than 22 years of experience. Previously, she was a Directors and Officers (D&O) Underwriter for Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. She holds a Juris Doctorate from the University of San Diego and received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Los Angeles.
About Barney & Barney
Barney & Barney is one of the nation's leading insurance brokerages, offering a comprehensive line of risk management and employee benefit solutions. The firm specializes in commercial property and casualty insurance, employee benefits, workers' compensation, compensation consulting, executive liability, personal lines and surety. In 2014, Barney & Barney joined Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC (MMA), a subsidiary of Marsh Inc., the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor. Barney & Barney has offices in San Diego, San Francisco, Walnut Creek and Orange County. For more information, visit www.barneyandbarney.com, or call 800.321.4696.
SOURCE Barney & Barney