SAN FRANCISCO, May 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Barnraiser.us, the largest good food and healthy living platform, announces its Discover search and recommendation engine. Barnraiser connects over 40,000 food makers, farmers, chefs and tastemakers to the 80M people in the US who care about how they eat and live. On Barnraiser visitors can continually discover and engage with a vast and growing amount of information in the world of good food and healthy living just a few of which include:
- specialty food products/companies: ReGrained, Blue Bee Cider, Black Dinah Chocolatiers, Temple Turmeric, Gustus Vitae
- dietary preferences: gluten-free, vegan, allergy sensitive, paleo
- small batch categories: chocolate, craft beer and spirits and coffee
- local farmers, growers, and markets: CUESA, EatWell Farm, Lomax Incubator Farm
- non-profits, educators, causes, healthy food communities: Connolly Ranch, Wholesome Wave, Green Bronx Machine, Slow Food Denver, Felix Gillet Institute
- chefs, tastemakers, experts and micro-influencers: Anthony Myint, Robin Schatz, Lisa Curtis, Marissa Guggiana, Danielle Nierenberg
- articles/content on major food and healthy living trends: fermented foods, healthy foods, healthy kids, sustainable meat/butchery, local farms, functional foods
- top awards and certifications: Good Food Awards, NEXTY Awards, sofi Awards, Fairtrade America, CCOF Certified Organic, and USDA Organic.
To find out more about Barnraiser, create your profile and discover the world of good food and healthy living go to: https://www.barnraiser.us/
Barnraiser first launched its crowdfunding platform almost 2 years ago achieving 3x industry standard success rates and raising millions for projects across 45 states. Today, Barnraiser expands its feature set with Discover search and recommendations, where our community of over 40,000 food makers, farmers, chefs and tastemakers (in an interactive, tile-like layout) connect with users who can find more of what they like based on recommendations from friends and producers, connect with inspiring people and stories, and make an impact in their local food communities.
Barnraiser Discover Platform
Barnraiser allows users to search from the largest and growing community of people, products and crowdfunding projects and stories. Features include:
- Personalized recommendations - Based on what users like, Barnraiser recommends new and local makers, products, and stories based on their preferences
- Rich data - With a deep understanding of the good food and healthy living space, Barnraiser delivers more of what people care about based on multiple data points across preferences, product categories, causes and much more
- Notifications and alerts - Users are kept in the loop with updates from their favorite or new makers, stories personalized for them and much more during journey to a healthy lifestyle
- Influencer/tastemaker - Anyone can be a tastemaker by curating collections of their favorite producers, products, and stories
- Social sharing - Users share their collections as a slideshow to Facebook.
"We've launched our Discover platform with over 40,000 food makers, farmers, chefs and tastemakers to connect with the 80M people in the US who care about how they eat and live. The platform gives exposure to the producers and brands of all sizes to find new audiences, raise capital (crowdfunding), and connect with customers," said Eileen Gordon, Founder and CEO of Barnraiser. "We're meeting the needs of an entire generation who demand authenticity, connection and influence in food and health. With Barnraiser, new discoveries and opportunities to celebrate local food are always at your fingertips."
We're Building This Together. . .
Barnraiser invites all makers, farmers and tastemakers to claim or create their free profile to help build the largest community and platform for products, companies, people and non-profits in the US. Makers can then connect to other makers (finding their 'tribe') finding and sharing insights of running their businesses, farms and organizations. The company also invites the millions of people who care about what they eat and how they live to learn more, find favorites, engage and collaborate on shaping our future.
Barnraiser connects the disrupters (makers, farmers, chefs, tastemakers) in good food and healthy living to the growing millions of people demanding better products and services. For millions of people who want better health for themselves and the planet, Barnraiser makes it easy to discover, share, and fund online or from a mobile device, the people changing how we farm, eat and live. On the Barnraiser platform makers and users alike continually discover more of what they love, stay on top of trends, connect with others and receive and provide recommendations.
We believe that by supporting good food and healthy living heroes (building a barn), the whole community benefits and we all have a healthier world.
Based in Sausalito California, the Company has raised over $2M in seed investment from impact and super angel investors such as, Barry Schuler, Andy Rappaport, and Food Tech Angels.
For more information contact Barnraiser at: www.barnraiser.us/ and on social platforms as @Barnraiser.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/barnraiser-launches-discover-platform-for-artisan-foods-local-farmers--tastemakers-in-181-billion-food--healthy-living-category-300453982.html