Base Station Semiconductor Decline Will Turn Around With LTE
CAMPBELL, Calif., Oct. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- A new report released today by Mobile Experts predicts a reversal in the market for semiconductors in the mobile infrastructure market. "We will see a small drop in total semiconductor revenue in 2011, with government stimulus spending coming to a close," said Joe Madden, Principal Analyst at Mobile Experts. "But as LTE deployment ramps up worldwide we will see renewed growth. Capacity build-out of 3G and 4G networks will also contribute to new revenue growth in semiconductors."
"The mobile communications market is changing," explained Mr. Madden. "Network operators need to move toward wider bandwidth and higher dynamic range, with the addition of new spectrum, 2x2 MIMO, and multi-carrier GSM operation. As a result, OEMs are moving toward new architectures that create new opportunities for semiconductor suppliers."
The new report can be found at http://www.mobile-experts.net and provides:
- Detailed and comprehensive forecasts for base stations and transceivers;
- Market share estimates for Power Transistors, ASICs/FPGAs, ADCs, DACs, AQMs, Serdes devices, and RF components;
- Predictions of integration trends in linearization, up/downconversion, Serdes, and RF areas;
- Value analysis of the typical pricing for all semiconductor components in a typical Remote Radio Head;
- Profiles on more than 30 semiconductor suppliers in the mobile market.
This report is designed to give semiconductor suppliers useful data, in order to design products that match with emerging market trends.
Graph Representing Semiconductor Revenue in Remote Radio Heads: http://www.ereleases.com/pic/MobileExperts-Graph.jpg
About Mobile Experts LLC:
Originally founded in 2002 as Madden Consulting, Mobile Experts provides insightful market analysis for the mobile infrastructure and mobile handset markets. Research topics center on technology introduction for radio frequency (RF) and communications innovation. Recent publications focus on Multi-Standard Radio Base Stations, Femtocells, Outdoor DAS, In-Building Wireless, and Antenna Technology for MIMO systems.
SOURCE Mobile Experts LLC