SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Oct. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BASF Automotive Refinish revs up to make a colorful splash at the 2016 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas when it unveils the latest in restyled and custom vehicles, new color offerings, advanced business solutions, custom paint solutions and its inaugural 'Color of the Year'.
BASF will host a press conference, held at booth #20367 located in the Racing & Performance area of Central Hall, at 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 1, featuring:
- The 2017 BASF 'Color of the Year' – As the leading chemical supplier to the automotive industry, BASF will announce its first 'Color of the Year' featured on a custom 2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R;
- New R-M ONYX HD / Diamont "Zyrilliant" Colors – A collection of 108 new inspirational colors that provide solutions for custom car builders with extreme effects;
- Chip Foose Custom '39 Cadillac Coupe – SEMA Hall of Famer and Legendary Custom Car Builder, Chip Foose unveils his latest creation featuring Glasurit 90 Line paint;
In addition to the press conference, BASF will feature advanced business solutions to drive efficiency, growth and profitability to the Collision Repair market, along with the following vehicles and events at its booth:
- Custom Display Vehicles
- 1955 Chevrolet Roadster from G3 Rods – finished in Glasurit 90 Line
- 1961 Chevy Impala from Greening Auto Company – finished in Glasurit 90 Line
- 2017 Ford Petty Mustang from Petty's Garage – painted with R-M Diamont "Zyrilliant"
- 2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide from Camtech Custom Baggers – featuring R-M Diamont Carizzma.
- The Glasurit Best Paint Award – Wed., Nov. 2 at 9:00 AM – Chip Foose will present the second annual Glasurit Best Paint Award, judging participants on the fit and finish, quality of preparation and final presentation of their Glasurit painted vehicles;
- Autograph Sessions
- Chip Foose - immediately following the Tuesday press conference
- Ryan Friedlinghaus, Nov 1, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Richard Petty, Nov 2, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- KC Mathieu, Nov. 2, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. and Nov 4, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
"BASF will showcase its largest display yet at SEMA featuring our latest advancements for the Automotive Refinish market," said Dan Bihlmeyer, BASF North America Marketing Head, Coatings Solutions. "With five world class vehicles, exciting and unique new paint colors and tools, BASF displays a wide variety of products and services to help our collision repair customers and distributors be more productive and drive their overall profitability."
To see all BASF is featuring at SEMA visit basfrefinish.com/SEMA2016
For press photos and captions, please click on the following link:
About BASF Automotive Refinish
BASF's Automotive Refinish business manufactures and markets coatings for the collision repair, commercial fleet and automotive specialty markets. Its paint products are supported by technical training programs, advanced color information systems, business management and planning tools. For more information visit http://www.basfrefinish.com
BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has nearly 17,500 employees in North America, and had sales of $17.4 billion in 2015. For more information about BASF's North American operations, visit www.basf.us.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 112,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas. BASF generated sales of more than €70 billion in 2015. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt (BAS), London (BFA) and Zurich (AN). Further information at www.basf.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/basf-set-to-dazzle-with-cars-colors-and-business-solutions-at-sema-300345100.html