SAN FRANCISCO, March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- MunkyFun (http://www.munkyfun.com/), an independently owned mobile games company and GREE (http://gree-corp.com), a leading publisher of mobile games, today announced the release of League of War: Mercenaries: an exhilarating, captivating, fast-paced military action game rendered in full 3D and packed with intense combat and strategic depth. Available on iOS and Android devices, League of War: Mercenaries is available for download now on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Check out the official video and get ready to enter a world of war, power and action in League of War: Mercenaries.
"Finally the time has come for mobile gamers around the world to start a raging war with League of War: Mercenaries," said Nick Pavis, CEO and co-founder at MunkyFun. "Set in an immersive 3D environment, League of War: Mercenaries allows players to duel for resources and loot in visceral multiplayer combat, balancing defense and offense as they send their army to destroy their enemies and simultaneously defend their base. Our futuristic RTS gameplay will challenge even the most hardened strategy veteran gamers, and we look forward to seeing you dominate the battlefield."
League of War: Mercenaries allows gamers to enter a near future world where war has become privatized and it's up to the player to build their own mercenary army. Players become part of the League of War, leading sophisticated fighting forces in swift, forceful combat, and unlocking dangerous new missions, or competing with fellow commanders to claim victory around the globe and enjoy the spoils of war. Players can take serious risks while experimenting with new strategies -- they can upgrade tanks, helicopters, artillery and infantry to strategically configure their squad in a variety of ways to conquer the most highly advanced enemy units around.
League of War: Mercenaries' players will experience stunning new features such as:
- Extraordinary Army Assembly - Players earn and manufacture cutting-edge military units through victory in battle and events - tanks, helicopters, infantry and more.
- Visceral Multiplayer Combat for Resources - Battle for resources and win loot by defeating other players in head-to-head battles. Players can balance offense and defense as they deploy their forces to crush enemies and defend their base.
- Utilize Strategic Unit Optimization to Dominate the Battlefield with Futuristic RTS Gameplay - Players control tanks, helicopters and more while they critically configure their squad in a variety of ways to counter sophisticated enemy units.
- Customizable Military Capabilities - Upgrade and equip units with a vast array of technology for specific roles to defeat the enemy. From massive tanks to the smallest infantry unit, every army member can be powered up for ultimate domination.
- Strategic Alliance Opportunities - Join allied forces to conquer the multiplayer battlefield and crush enemies. Defense is easier with friends watching your back. Join the battle online for free, and use strategy to conquer the world together.
- Immersive, Lush 3D Content - Immersive, stunning 3D gameplay, with realistic environments, diverse terrain and settings including weather effects.
MunkyFun (http://www.munkyfun.com/) founded in 2008, is an independently owned mobile game company focused on creating high-quality 3D games with unique game mechanics. Located in downtown San Francisco, the studio comprises veteran game developers experienced on both console and mobile. Bringing its strength in advanced technology development to the explosive casual gaming space, MunkyFun is building community-oriented games. From hardcore multiplayer First Person Shooters to socially focused casual gaming, MunkyFun is set to lead the charge in mid core mobile gaming.
About GREE, Inc.
GREE (http://gree-corp.com/) is a global mobile social company with businesses that include social gaming, social media, advertising, licensing and merchandising, and venture capital. Established in December 2004, GREE created the world's first mobile social game in 2007, and today is a global leader in free-to-play, reaching audiences around the world with its portfolio of first-party and partner titles. GREE has studios in Tokyo, San Francisco, Vancouver, Seoul, Berlin and Melbourne and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (3632).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/battle-your-way-to-glorious-victory-with-league-of-war-mercenaries-300244131.html
SOURCE GREE; MunkyFun