Bayer to Present Data on Investigational Pulmonary Hypertension Compound Riociguat at ATS 2013
WAYNE, N.J., May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bayer HealthCare announced today that data on its investigational pulmonary hypertension compound riociguat (BAY 63-2521) will be presented in a scientific forum at the American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Conference May 17 – 22, in Philadelphia, PA.
"We are pleased that multiple new data sets from our riociguat clinical development program in pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension were accepted for presentation during the ATS International Conference," said Pamela A. Cyrus, M.D., Vice President and Head of U.S. Medical Affairs, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals. "Bayer looks forward to the scientific exchange of these data with leading respiratory and cardiovascular experts from around the world."
The studies to be presented are:
- Hemodynamic Assessment Of Patients With Inoperable Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH) In The Phase III CHEST-1 Study
- Abstract A3529; Oral presentation
- May 20, 2013, 2:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m., Room 118 A-B-C (100 Level) Pennsylvania Convention Center
- A Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Phase II Interaction Study To Evaluate Blood Pressure Following Addition Of Riociguat To Patients With Symptomatic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Receiving Sildenafil (PATENT PLUS)
- Abstract A3530; Oral presentation
- May 20, 2013, 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Room 118 A-B-C (100 Level) Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Riociguat for the Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH): A Phase III Long-term Extension Study (PATENT-2)
- Abstract A3531; Oral presentation
- May 20, 2013, 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m., Room 118 A-B-C (100 Level) Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Baseline Characteristics And Response To Treatment In Pretreated Versus Treatment-Naive Patients With Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) In The Phase III PATENT-1 Study
- Abstract A3532; Oral presentation
- May 20, 2013, 3:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., Room 118 A-B-C (100 Level) Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Efficacy Of Riociguat In Pretreated Versus Treatment-Naive Patients With Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) In the Phase III PATENT-1 Study
- Abstract A3534; Oral presentation
- May 20, 2013, 3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Room 118 A-B-C (100 Level) Pennsylvania Convention Center
Riociguat (BAY 63-2521), discovered and developed at the Bayer research laboratories, is an investigational oral soluble guanylate cyclase (sGC) stimulator that is being studied in CTEPH and PAH, as well as other forms of pulmonary hypertension. Riociguat is an investigational agent and is not approved by the FDA, EMA or other health authorities.
About Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. is the U.S.-based pharmaceuticals business of Bayer HealthCare LLC, a subsidiary of Bayer AG. Bayer HealthCare is one of the world's leading, innovative companies in the healthcare and medical products industry, and combines the activities of the Animal Health, Consumer Care, Medical Care, and Pharmaceuticals divisions. As a specialty pharmaceutical company, Bayer HealthCare provides products for General Medicine, Hematology, Neurology, Oncology and Women's Healthcare. The company's aim is to discover and manufacture products that will improve human health worldwide by diagnosing, preventing and treating diseases.
Bayer® and the Bayer Cross® are registered trademarks of Bayer.
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer's public reports which are available on the Bayer website at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.
Intended for U.S. media only
SOURCE Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.