HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This summer is set to be a scorcher with the Old Farmer's Almanac predicting above average temperatures for many parts of the U.S. To help cope with the unseasonably warm weather, Americans can rely on the Kenmore brand's new line of smart room air conditioners to keep homes cool and comfortable, while helping save money and energy.
Using a wireless Internet connection, the Kenmore Elite Smart Room Air Conditioners allow users to adjust home temperatures from a mobile device* using the Kenmore mobile app. The easy-to-use app provides access to monitor efficiencies, turn units on and off and even set schedules for up to seven days. The smart technology integrates wireless capabilities to provide the flexibility to operate the air conditioner whenever needed from almost anywhere, which can lead to energy and cost savings on utility bills.
"Kenmore is a trusted American legacy brand, woven into the fabric of our American home lifestyle. At Kenmore, we consistently strive to improve the lives of our members through stress-free solutions to every day issues," said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands at Sears Holdings. "With rising temperatures around the country, the Kenmore brand's smart room air conditioner line will make homeowners' lives easier and more cost-effective by giving them control from their mobile device."
The Kenmore app is designed to be sleek and intuitive, providing users with peace-of-mind and features that can help save time, energy and money.
- Control on-the-Go: The ability to remotely turn the unit on and off, set a schedule or adjust the temperature provides flexibility to control home climates from anywhere. Use the 24 hour timer to set a schedule to run the units only when needed, or turn the air conditioner on before arriving home to ensure a comfortable temperature upon arrival.
- Energy Savings: The Kenmore Elite Smart Room Air Conditioners are ENERGY STAR® certified and feature smart technology that allows for easy access and scheduling to run the unit only when needed, helping to save energy and money on utility bills.
- Power to Match Your Room Size: Available in a variety of sizes from 8,000 BTUs to 25,000 BTUs, these Kenmore Elite Smart Room Air Conditioners help cool medium to large rooms, from 340 to 1,560 square feet in size.
- Simple Setup: Scan the QR code located on the unit using a mobile device, follow the directions during a brief tutorial and the air conditioner will be up and running.
- Amazon Alexa Enabled: Allows users to control the air conditioner's temperature and power settings using voice-controlled technology on any Amazon Echo device**.
- MSRP: $269.99 – $519.99, depending on the model.
The Kenmore Elite Smart Room Air Conditioners feature technology from Afero, a leader in connecting smart devices and providing secure "Internet of Things" product solutions. The air conditioners are available now in select Sears stores nationwide and online at Sears.com. For more information about current Kenmore brand smart products, and the complete line of Kenmore appliances, visit Kenmore.com.
About the Kenmore Brand
The Kenmore Brand is an industry leader in delivering trusted performance in the home with smart and stylish appliance innovations that help consumers do things quicker, easier and better. Recognized as a top appliance brand for over 100 years, the Kenmore brand continues to give consumers more time, efficiency and improved results for better living, with industry-leading products across small and large appliance categories. For more information, visit www.kenmore.com, www.cookmore.com/press-kit/ or www.facebook.com/kenmore.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with nearly 12 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
*Remote control and monitoring functionality of Kenmore® Smart products requires a smartphone or tablet, wireless router with a continuous home internet connection and the free app. These devices are not included. Supports iPhone® and Android™ mobile devices. Mobile devices not included with product. iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
** Amazon Echo device sold separately.
Zeno Group for Kenmore
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/beat-the-summer-heat-with-new-smart-room-air-conditioners-from-the-kenmore-brand-300470013.html
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.