RESTON, Va., May 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Bechtel, a global leader in engineering, procurement, and construction, has been named the top U.S. Contractor for the 19th consecutive year by the leading publication for the engineering and construction industry. The number one ranking, announced yesterday, as part of Engineering News-Record's prestigious annual Top 400 Contractor's List, is based upon 2016 construction revenue. In addition, Bechtel earned the top ranking in these specific industry sectors:
- Top 20 Petroleum
- Top 20 Transportation
- Top 20 Industrial
- Top 50 Contractors Working Abroad
"This recognition is shared with our customers, for whose trust we are grateful, and it is a tribute to the dedication and excellence of the women and men of Bechtel around the globe," said Brendan Bechtel, the company's chairman and CEO. "In an uncertain world, the certainty of their professionalism, integrity, and commitment to our values represents the key to Bechtel's ongoing success as we continue to deliver for our customers."
In 2016, Bechtel reinforced its commitment to investing in communities and incorporating innovation and sustainability into every aspect of the company's work. In addition, Bechtel sponsored the IMAX® film Dream Big aimed at inspiring students to pursue STEM-related careers. "As we move forward, we intend to drive change rather than simply respond to it, and will continue to partner with our customers and the communities in which we work," said Brendan Bechtel.
During 2016, Bechtel delivered a number of key projects including:
- Completion of the Curtis Island LNG Program, representing three simultaneous construction programs - part of the largest concentration of private-capital investment in Australia's history.
- Completion of Train 1 on the Sabine Pass liquefaction project in Cameron Parish, Louisiana, representing the first-ever export of LNG from the contiguous United States.
- Commencement of work on the Pennsylvania Petrochemicals Complex for Shell – a large ethylene and polymers plant just north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Completion of the Escondida Water Supply megaproject in Chile which included constructing dual, 112-mile long (180-kilometer), 42-inch pipelines carrying desalinated water from Chile's Pacific coast across the Atacama Desert to the world's largest copper mine.
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live. www.bechtel.com
T : +1 571 392-3861
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bechtel-earns-number-one-position-for-annual-top-400-contractors-list-300460908.html