SAN PEDRO, Belize, Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The emerging luxury real estate market of Belize will provide real estate investors and second-home buyers some of the best value in the Caribbean and Central America according to a new report by SANCAS Realty, the exclusive Christie's International Real Estate for Belize.
The price for a luxury home in Belize is less than $1 million USD, well below the $2 million average luxury home price across the globe, according to SANCAS Realty.
The SANCAS Realty and Christie's International Real Estate Luxury Emerging report reveals that despite increased media attention, Belize remains as perhaps the best kept secret in the Caribbean real estate market. Its English-speaking population, bountiful natural amenities, stable government, and extremely low property taxes make Belize a premier real estate option when compared to many other better-known locations.
Other key findings from the report include:
- As the only English-speaking country in Central America and with currency directly tied to the U.S. dollar at a fixed rate of 2 to 1, Belize is just beginning to capture international attention as an emerging Caribbean luxury real estate market.
- Location is still the dominant factor in Belize with beachfront properties and sprawling jungle/mountain estates commanding the highest premiums.
- Ambergris Caye the Placencia Peninsula, and the Cayo District are the most sought-after locations by foreign nationals who typically represent the overwhelming majority of buyers.
- The quality and volume of new luxury-class inventory is increasing rapidly driven largely by increased media attention and international airlift into the nation.
- North Ambergris Caye will expand rapidly over the mid-term as the Belize government builds new infrastructure including road improvements and a proposed new international airport.
"The mid-term potential of the Belize real estate market is absolutely phenomenal," according to Christopher Todd, Vice President of Global Marketing, SANCAS Realty and lead author of the report. "The consensus opinions from our experts all paint a promising picture for those seeking to invest in Belize over the near-term."
"Through our contacts within the Christie's International Real Estate network, we were able to build from the data in the 2015 Luxury Defined report to help us better understand the Belize marketplace," said Gil Castillo, President, SANCAS Realty. "Our Luxury Emerging report is the most comprehensive review ever produced of the Belize emerging luxury real estate market."
The Luxury Emerging 2016 Belize Real Estate Report by SANCAS Realty is available for complimentary download at luxuryemerging.com.
About SANCAS Realty
SANCAS Realty is the exclusive Christie's International Real Estate Affiliate for the tropical paradise of Belize. SANCAS Realty agents specialize in emerging luxury properties and select commercial properties appealing to the world's most discerning real estate investors and buyers. For more information on SANCAS Realty, please visit sancasrealty.com.
About Christie's International Real Estate
Christie's International Real Estate is an invitation-only affiliate network composed of the world's most proven and qualified real estate specialists in the luxury residential sector. The company has offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Beverly Hills, and Palm Beach, and 140 global affiliates with 32,000 real estate professionals in 46 countries. For additional information about Christie's International Real Estate, please visit christiesrealestate.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/belize-real-estate-projects-lucrative-value-in-caribbeans-emerging-luxury-marketplace-new-report-shows-300178960.html
SOURCE SANCAS Realty