Belk Unwraps Exciting Plans for Holiday Selling Season
- Holiday season kicks off with Belk's semi-annual Charity Sale on Nov. 9, 6 - 10 a.m. with special discounts of 20 - 70 percent off on rarely discounted merchandise
- Stores to open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day for customers' shopping convenience with numerous doorbusters, special buys and coupon offers that will make any holiday shopper jolly
- Stores and belk.com join forces to make Belk the gift-giving headquarters for the holidays with fun special events and the latest assortments of top fashion brands for the whole family and home
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With six fewer shopping days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, Belk today announced a line-up of special events and sales promotions aimed at ensuring customers can get the gifts they want without a hassle, and at prices that will please the most discerning shoppers. A total of ten company-wide sales promotions are planned before year end, plus additional cyber sales on belk.com.
Belk kicks off its holiday selling period with the semi-annual Charity Sale this Saturday, Nov. 9, from 6 – 10 a.m. The event features incredible discounts on rarely discounted brands and at the same time will benefit thousands of charities in communities throughout the company's 16-state Southern market area. The public is invited to participate in the event by purchasing a $5 ticket at the store or from a participating charity. All proceeds from ticket sales go to the charities, and customers receive $5 off their purchases during the sale.
Belk stores will open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, the earliest ever for Belk, to allow customers extra time to enjoy shopping with friends and family over the holiday weekend. From 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 28 through 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, stores will offer more than 350 Earlybird specials while quantities last and extraordinary holiday bargains and limited time offers on other merchandise throughout the store. The promotion will feature hundreds of special deals in every department, including top fashion brands and styles for the whole family, exclusive cosmetics and fragrances and a wide selection of merchandise for the kitchen and home.
The first 250 customers at each store at the 8 p.m. opening on Thanksgiving will receive a free Belk gift card with a value ranging from $5 to $1,000, and with a guaranteed $1,000 gift card winner in each of the company's 301 stores.
"Thanksgiving is a holiday centered around good food, family and friends," said Jon Pollack, Belk, Inc. executive vice president, sales promotion, marketing and eCommerce. "Over the years that tradition has evolved into one that includes shopping and other activities that families enjoy together outside of the home. It's in response to that trend that we open our doors to customers at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night for their shopping convenience. The Belk After-Thanksgiving Sale is our biggest, most exciting event of the season and an opportunity for customers to purchase their favorite brands and gift items at incredible savings."
Here's a preview of some of the top Belk After-Thanksgiving Earlybird specials:
- $19.99 ND New Directions sweaters
- $39.99 ND New Directions 5-piece luggage set
- $19.99 Rampage boots
- $99.99 Keurig Elite single serve brewer (plus $20 Belk gift card by mail-in rebate)
- $19.99 iLive portable Bluetooth music player
- $24.99 Sharper Image camera binoculars
- 40 – 60% off men's and women's casual and athletic shoes
- 50 – 70% off men's and women's watches
- 50% off handbags
- 55 – 75% off Belk and Co. Fine Jewelers jewelry
- 60% off kids' dresswear and sportswear
- 55 – 65% off women's favorite brand better sportswear
- 50 – 65% off women's designer brands
- 45 – 60% off kids' toys, games and more
- 35 – 70% off luggage, throws, towels and more
- 50 – 70% off kitchen electrics, cookware and bakeware
Customers can shop anytime at belk.com via the web or their mobile device, and experience Belk convenience on the go by downloading Belk's shopping apps from iTunes or Google Play. The app includes a store locator that allows you to easily find the nearest Belk store and click to call; a barcode scanner so you can research merchandise items while you shop, and get coupon offers. The iOS app on iTunes allows you to add coupons to your smartphone passbook which can be displayed and redeemed in store.
The new Belk Gift Giving app lets you create gift lists by scanning the product bar code or by search or manual entry. It also allows you to share your lists via social media or email.
Visit the Belk "A Modern Southern Christmas" mini-site on belk.com to help you find everything you need for the holidays. There's a Gift Guide, plus special sections on Christmas (and Christmas tree) decorating, holiday dining and entertaining, holiday dresswear and accessories, and much more.
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation's largest family owned and operated department store company with 301 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states with a growing digital presence. Founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., the company is in the third generation of Belk family leadership and has been committed to community involvement since its inception. Each year, Belk gives a portion of its pretax income back to the communities it serves. In fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013, the company and its associates, customers and vendors, donated more than $19 million to those communities. Belk.com offers a wide assortment of national brands and private label fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk go to Belk Get Connected.
SOURCE Belk, Inc.