WASHINGTON, Dec. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Charles "Chuck" Bennett of Dixie Chemical today was elected to a two-year term as Chairman of the Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) Board of Governors during the association's 94th Annual Business Meeting in New York City.
Having served in the chemical industry for nearly 40 years, Bennett brings great depth and breadth of knowledge to his role as Chairman of the Board.
"I look forward to working with the board and SOCMA staff these next two years, as we continue building membership and promoting the valuable programs and services our association offers specialty chemical manufacturers," Bennett said. "Without the support of a dedicated industry organization like SOCMA, I do not believe most specialty chemical companies have all the resources internally to ensure top environmental, safety and business performance.
"SOCMA has a positive influence on numerous aspects of the industry, from advocacy on environmental and trade regulations, to creating opportunities for members to meet Congressional representatives and get their voices heard, to providing educational and business opportunities," Bennett said. "The association has a very large voice for its size and helps open doors for its members on many levels. I am very proud to be a part of this outstanding organization."
Bennett succeeds J. Steel Hutchinson, President and CEO of GFS Chemicals, Inc. His term begins January 1, 2016.
SOCMA also elected the following slate of officers for one-year terms:
- 1st Vice Chairman – Dave Doles, Lonza
- 2nd Vice Chairman and Treasurer – Gene Williams, Optima Chemical Group, LLC
- Secretary – Michael Ott – Polysciences, Inc.
- Immediate Past Chair – J. Steel Hutchinson, GFS Chemicals, Inc.
Following this year's election, board members include:
Class of 2016:
- Keith Terhune, Baker Hughes
- Andy Harris, Accella Performance Materials
- Tom Becker, Iofina Chemical, Inc.
- Sean Clancy, Evonik
Class of 2017:
- Brian Carter, Albemarle
- Paul Ameis, VanDeMark Chemical Inc.
- Ephraim Honig, Strem Chemicals, Inc.
- Kate Donahue, Hampford Research, Inc.
- Ron Kreis, Bimax Incorporated
Class of 2018:
- Keith Silverman, Ashland Specialty Ingredients
- John Foley, KMCO, LLC
- David Mielke, ChemDesign Products, Inc.
- Jay Dickson, Nation Ford Chemical Company
SOCMA's Board of Governors provides strategic direction, maintains fiscal responsibility and helps management develop business plans to deliver member value.
Since 1921, SOCMA has represented a diverse membership of small, medium and large chemical companies located around the world. www.socma.com
Director, Communications & PR
SOURCE Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates