OAKLAND, Calif., Sept. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Mid-market organizations should focus on talent management to drive their businesses forward, according to new research from Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP. Unfortunately, the research also shows that midsized companies often lack the resources, technology and expertise to compete effectively in today's talent-driven marketplace. Those are among the challenges Bersin by Deloitte is targeting with BersinWorks™, a new membership program that includes a set of exclusive new set of tools, research, professional development, and data to help midsize organizations implement talent strategies that drive bottom line results.
Summarized in a WhatWorks® Brief, the new research, "High-Impact Talent Management: Talent Management Maturity in Mid-Market Organizations," shows that 84 percent of mid-market organizations surveyed miss out on the benefits of creating integrated and effective talent strategies. Such benefits include improved innovation, productivity, meeting or exceeding financial targets and responsiveness to change. To help organizations realize these benefits, BersinWorks can help HR professionals identify important talent challenges, prioritize activities to address them, develop solutions, and measure the way those solutions add value to the business.
"Representing one-third of all U.S. jobs, the mid-market has been called 'America's economic engine'[i] and it is growing," said Josh Bersin, principal, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP. "While this growth is exciting, we find that many mid-market companies lack the resources and experience of their much larger competitors. BersinWorks is designed to fill this gap: We provide proven research, practical tools and hands-on advice to help these companies better recruit, train, manage and engage their people. They can now gain the benefits of their much larger competitors at a fraction of the cost."
BersinWorks was developed for and in collaboration with midsize organization leaders eager to move their organizations to higher levels of HR sophistication and effectiveness, with the goal of driving better business performance.
Such advancement can pay handsome dividends, according to Denise Moulton, mid-market HR and talent research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and author of the latest high-impact talent management research for the mid-market.
"Our research shows that midsize organizations which implement sound talent practices are more than three times more likely to assess and select the right job candidates and anticipate and respond effectively to change," said Moulton. "They also are three times more likely to innovate."
With BersinWorks, resources, tools, and an online community of professional peers are all available through a new personalized information web platform designed specifically to meet the daily needs common to HR professionals from mid-market organizations.
For example, BersinWorks can help an organization quickly assess its hiring and management practices against global leading practices, find practical tools to improve, and get help from Bersin advisors along the way. Rather than try to copy what larger companies do, BersinWorks exposes the leading practices of mid-market companies, empowering leaders to act quickly to drive results. BersinWorks also includes ongoing employee tools to help monitor progress and align talent management strategies as management practices evolve.
BersinWorks also provides the following:
- Employee Experience Dashboard: Identify the organization's unique drivers of employee attraction, engagement and retention with an all-in-one online employee lifecycle survey reporting dashboard. Questions used in the employee experience surveys are built on the new Bersin by Deloitte Simply Irresistible™ Model[ii] of employee engagement.
- Interactive Factbooks: Support and validate business decisions with an online, integrated benchmarking and reporting platform that allows you to compare key performance metrics against peer organizations
- Online Rapid Assessments: Based upon Bersin by Deloitte's maturity model research, determine the organization's current level of effectiveness against critical dimensions of key talent areas and uncover opportunities for improvement using quick and easy online self-assessments
- HR Math™ Calculators: Gain insights into the efficiencies and effectiveness of HR programs and processes with easy-to-use online calculators. For example, uncover the cost of turnover or measure leadership bench strength.
- Networking and community venues: Exchange ideas, present solutions and answer questions from peer practitioners in mid-market organizations both online and at physical conferences/events.
- Online resources and tech support: Quickly find content or solutions via an online "Ask the Expert" function to reduce search time and improve the location of the most applicable and relevant content.
To learn more, register to join Denise Moulton, mid-market HR and talent research leader, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and Rikard Bandebo, head of product management, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP, for their online webinar, "Talent Management in Mid-Market Organizations: Closing the Gap between Business Needs and Human Resource Capabilities," Nov. 30, 2016, 2 p.m. ET/19:00 BST.
Those interested in learning more about Bersin by Deloitte or its WhatWorks® membership may email email@example.com or call +1 510 251 4400.
About Bersin by Deloitte
Bersin by Deloitte delivers research-based people strategies designed to help leaders and their organizations in their efforts to deliver exceptional business performance. The Bersin by Deloitte membership gives Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 HR professionals the information and tools they need to design and implement leading practice solutions, benchmark against others, develop their staff, and select and implement systems. A piece of Bersin by Deloitte research is downloaded on average approximately every minute during the business day. More than 5,000 organizations worldwide use our research and consulting to guide their HR, talent and learning strategies. For more information, please visit http://www.bersin.com.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see http://www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
[i] "America's economic engine: Tapping the breaks," Deloitte Consulting LLP, January 2016
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bersinworks-research-talent-management-drives-business-in-the-middle-market-300335594.html
SOURCE Bersin by Deloitte