HARTFORD, Conn., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Web Marketing Association is looking for the best education Websites in the world as part of their 17th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 96 industries, including education, schools and university websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site. The deadline for education websites to enter to be judged is May 31, 2013.
"The education industry is very competitive when it comes to Web development and need to be because of the expectations of their young consumers," said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. "Education web sites tend target youth and their parents. Students today have grown up with the Internet and expect a lot to be impressed from an educational institution."
Recent winners of the Best Education Web Site include:
- 2012 - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for Cure4Kids for Kids
- 2011 - Florida Institute of Technology for Florida Tech Decision Dashboard
- 2010 – Risdall Marketing Group for Mounds View Public Schools
- 2009 – American University for American University Web Site
- 2008 - TribalDDB for START A CHAIN REACTION
Recent winners of the Best Schools Web Site include:
- 2012 - Bluetube Interactive forUGA Performing Arts Center
- 2011 – WhippleHill Communications for Glenelg Country School
- 2010 – Designkitchen for Wheaton College 150th Anniversary Web Site
- 2009 – WhippleHill Communications for Latin School of Chicago
- 2008 – WhippleHill Communications for Vail Mountain School
Recent winners of the Best University Web Site include:
- 2012 - University Marketing and Communications for 30 Days of EnTERPreneurship
- 2011 – Denison University & Fahlgren Mortine for TheDEN
- 2010 – Corey McPherson Nash for University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business
- 2009 – BrowserMedia for University of Maryland Women's Basketball
- 2008 - Market United for Murdoch University Switching
Educational Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2013 Best Educational Website and other related WebAwards at the WebAward Website.
The 2013 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: BGT Partners, PR Newswire, Burst Media, EContent Magazine, ExactTarget, ad:tech conferences, Internet World UK, SES Conferences, Webmaster Radio, and Website Magazine. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
About the WebAwards
The Web Marketing Association was founded in 1997 to help define the standard of excellence for online marketing. Our internationally known award programs, such as WebAward Competition for Website Development, Internet Advertising Competition and the MobileWebAwards, recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing the most effective online marketing programs on the Internet today. Entrants benefit from assessment of their marketing efforts by a professional judging panel and the marketing opportunities presented by being recognized as an award-winning web developer.
SOURCE Web Marketing Association