HARTFORD, Conn., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Web Marketing Association is looking for the best healthcare websites in the world as part of their 17th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 96 industries, including healthcare, healthcare provider, medical, medical equipment, biotechnology and pharmaceutical websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site. The deadline for Healthcare websites to enter is May 31, 2013.
"The healthcare industry is very competitive when it comes to Web development and companies can benefit from the independent evaluation of their online efforts," said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. "Healthcare web sites are typically strong in terms of content and copywriting due to their role of helping the organization become a trusted medical source. In past years, judges have also scored these sites well in ease of use, and design; however, they tend to lag in innovation and use of technology."
Websites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. All healthcare entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific criteria scores compared against the average scores for their industry.
Each year, the Web Marketing Association names the Best of Industry for the various health care categories based on the score they receive from the WebAward judges.
Recent winners of the Best Health Care Web Site include:
- 2012 - Cyber-Duck Ltd for London Cardiovascular Clinic
- 2011 – Siren Interactive for Diagnosing Acute Intermittent Porphyria
- 2010 - Bridge Worldwide for Prilosec OTC - The Official Sponsor of You
- 2009 - Healthline Networks for Healthline
- 2008 - Global Beach for Terrence Higgins Trust (THT)
Recent winners of the Best Health Care Provider Web Site include:
- 2012 - Acodez IT Solutions for Mother Dental Super Speciality Clinic
- 2011 – St. Louis Children's Hospital for St. Louis Children's Hospital
- 2010 - Resurrection Health Care for Resurrection Health Care
- 2009 - Massachusetts General Hospital for Massachusetts General Hospital Redesign
- 2008 - Seena Rose Chettiveettil for Washington Hospital Center Website
Recent winners of the Best Medical Web Site include:
- 2012 - Overdrive Interactive for Cold-EEZE Website
- 2011 – Nobel Biocare for Nobel Biocare Dental Professional Website
- 2010 - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for Cure4Kids
- 2009 – Fullhouse for GE's Healthcare's RSNA 2008 Microsite
- 2008 - Digitas Health for MerckMedicus
Recent winners of the Best Medial Equipment Web Site include:
- 2012 – pilot for ottobock. Living with Michelangelo.
- 2011 – Pixel Light Digital Media, Inc. for Empi Active product web site
- 2010 - Boston Interactive - Palomar Medical Technologies
- 2009 - Extractable for Thermage Doctors
- 2008 – Great Than One for Guardian REAL – Time Glucose Monitor Tutorial
Recent winners of the Best Biotechnology Web Site include:
- 2012 - Bluetube Interactive for Kimberly Clark Product Selector
- 2011 – Phenomenex, Inc. for Phenomenex.com
- 2010 - Naturxan \ CreatiVerge for Naturxan.com
- 2009 – Amgen Oncology for Pioneering New Frontiers in Tumor Angiogenesis
- 2008 - Avenue A | Razorfish for Gene.com
Recent winners of the Best Pharmaceutical Web Site include:
- 2012 - Intouch Solutions for iBGStar Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- 2011 – Campbell-Ewald for McKesson BOP
- 2010 – Heartbeat Ideas and sanofi-aventis U.S. LLC. for Xyzal Website
- 2009 – Digitas Health for PulmicortRespules.com
- 2008 - Publicis Modem for RA Advisor Program
Healthcare Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2013 Best Healthcare Website and other WebAwards at the WebAward Website.
Participants can improve their chances on winning a WebAward by visiting the Web Marketing Association Facebook Page and becoming a fan of the page. The Web Marketing Association will be providing hints and tips on how to improve your chances on winning a top award though out the award program entry period.
The 2013 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: BGT Partners, PR Newswire, Burst Media, EContent Magazine, ExactTarget, ad:tech conferences, Internet World UK, SES Conferences, Webmaster Radio, and Website Magazine. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
About the WebAwards
The Web Marketing Association was founded in 1997 to help define the standard of excellence for online marketing. Our internationally known award programs, such as WebAward Competition for Website Development, Internet Advertising Competition and the MobileWebAwards, recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing the most effective online marketing programs on the Internet today. Entrants benefit from assessment of their marketing efforts by a professional judging panel and the marketing opportunities presented by being recognized as an award-winning web developer.
President, Web Marketing Association, Inc.
SOURCE Web Marketing Association