Best Packaged Single-Service Teas Are Named at North American Tea Championship
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The North American Tea Championship (NATC) named 13 first-place winners in various categories of its Packaged Single-Service evaluation, which took place Nov. 14 – 15, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nev. The Championship is the only independent competition, judged by professional cuppers, to distinguish the highest quality and best tasting teas that are commercially available in the North American marketplace. Some of the winning teas will be featured at the upcoming World Tea Expo at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, May 29 – 31. See www.WorldTeaExpo.com and www.TeaChampionship.com.
Packaged Single-Service Tea first-place winners include (Company, Tea and Category):
- Argo Tea (argotea.com), Masala Chai – Black Tea Flavored
- Harney & Sons Fine Teas (harney.com), Japanese Sencha – Steamed Green Tea
- Madura Tea Estate (maduratea.com), Unflavored Madura Premium Blend – Black Tea Blends
- Madura Tea Estate (maduratea.com), Madura Green Tea & Australian Lemon Myrtle – Green Tea -Blended/Flavored
- Newby Teas Ltd (newbyteas.com), Kan-Junga – Black Tea Single Origin
- Newby Teas Ltd (newbyteas.com), Jasmine Blossom – Jasmine Scented Green Tea
- Numi Tea (numitea.com), Numi Organic Tea Emperor's Puerh – Pu-erh Tea
- Numi Tea (numitea.com), Numi Organic Chocolate Puerh – Pu-erh Tea Blended Flavored
- Silk Road Teas (silkroadteas.com), Tieguanyin – Oolong Tea
- teapigs (teapigs.co.uk), Chamomile – Herbal
- teapigs (teapigs.co.uk), Mao Feng Green Tea – Pan-Fired Green Tea
- The Stash Tea Company (stashtea.com), Organic Chocolate Orange Herbal Tea – Herbal Blended/Flavored
- Waterfall Teas (waterfallteas.com), Passion Fruit Oolong – Oolong Blended/Flavored
The North American Tea Championship's Packaged Single-Service Tea Class is designed to determine the best tea bags, instant hot teas and other single-service teas that are commercially available in North America. The Class is evaluated once a year in November. For the recent competition, submissions were evaluated blind and through organoleptic analysis of characteristics, including flavor, body, color, clarity and balance (leaf appearance was not a factor). An overall numerical value on a 100‐point scale was calculated based on the ratings of each characteristic, and winning teas were determined by rank.
A complete list of first, second and third-place winners, as well as details on the Championship, is available at http://bit.ly/1aRHPm6.
To enquire about competing in upcoming North American Tea Championship evaluations, including the Hot Tea Class, Iced Tea Class and Packaged Single-Service Tea Class, e-mail email@example.com or call 702-253-1893.
SOURCE World Tea Media