Best Technology Websites of 2013 to be named by Web Marketing Association in 17th Annual WebAward Competition
HARTFORD, Conn., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Web Marketing Association is looking for the best technology websites in the world as part of their 17th annual international WebAward Competition for Website development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 96 industries, including technology, computer hardware, computer software, electronics, information services, applications services providers, interactive services and internet service provider websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site. The deadline for technology web sites to enter to be judged is May 31, 2013.
"The technology industry is very competitive when it comes to Web development and companies can benefit from the independent evaluation of their online efforts," said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. "Technology web sites have scored the highest in interactivity and design, but in past years, judges have shown they can do even better by getting innovative to stand out from the other sites and make the visitors remember them, even after they've left the site."
Technology Websites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use.
Recent winners of the Best Technology Web Site include:
- 2012 - Cisco Systems, Inc for Cisco Support Community
- 2011 – Intel Corporation for Intel Reinvents Its Online Newsroom
- 2010 – Cisco for Cisco.com
- 2009 – Venables Bell & Partners for Sponsors of Tomorrow
Recent winners of the Best Computer Hardware Web Site include:
- 2012 – VML for Dell The Power to Do More
- 2011 – Velocity Micro Electronics for Cruz by Velocity Micro
- 2010 – Extractable for SanDisk
- 2009 – 6Connex and HP for HP Virtual Event Central
Recent winners of the Best Computer Software Web Site include:
- 2012 - Global Intelligence Alliance for The Intelligence Plaza
- 2011 – VML for Sound of Code
- 2010 – AGENDA (H.K.) Limited for Microsoft Office 2010 - I love Mum and Dad e-card competition
- 2009 – Ounce Labs/iMarc for Ounce Labs
Recent winners of the Best Electronics Web Site include:
- 2012 – Valtech for Jabra
- 2011 – LEVEL for BlackBerry Playbook
- 2010 – Bump Networks Inc. for HD Relay
- 2009 – Media Explorer Limited for Sony A900
Recent winners of the Best Information Services Web Site include:
- 2012 – SAI Global for NCC Standards Interactive House
- 2011 – World Wide Web Domination for Lesotho High Commission - Malaysia
- 2010 – One to One Interactive for Iron Mountain Corporate Site
- 2009 – The BrainStorm Group for hireimmigrants.ca Roadmap
Recent winners of the Best Application Services Provider Web Site include:
- 2012 – ThoughtMatrix for DocuSign
- 2011 – Second Thought, Inc. for Logicworks BUILDER
- 2010 – YourMembership.com Inc. for YourMembership.com
- 2009 – VerticalResponse for VerticalResponse Website
Recent winners of the Best Interactive Services Web Site include:
- 2012 – Bozell for QRinkle Web App
- 2011 – Blenderbox for blenderbox.com
- 2010 – Draftfcb Healthcare for dDFCB Web Site
- 2009 – Loewy Design for Loewy Design Website Redesign
Recent winners of the Best Internet Service Provider Web Site include:
- 2012 - Euroweb Internet GmbH for Corporate Website
- 2011 – Lopez Negrete Communications for Verizon FiOS Website
- 2010 – WhittmanHart / AT&T for AT&T Web Hosting
- 2009 – GE and frog design for GE intranet
Technology Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2013 Best Technology Website WebAward at the WebAward Website.
About the WebAwards
The Web Marketing Association was founded in 1997 to help define the standard of excellence for online marketing. Our internationally known award programs, such as WebAward Competition for Website Development, Internet Advertising Competition and the MobileWebAwards, recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing the most effective online marketing programs on the Internet today. Entrants benefit from assessment of their marketing efforts by a professional judging panel and the marketing opportunities presented by being recognized as an award-winning web developer.
SOURCE Web Marketing Association
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.