HARTFORD, Conn., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Web Marketing Association is looking for the best travel sites in the world as part of their 17th annual international WebAward Competition for Web site development at www.webaward.org. The WebAwards is the standards-defining competition that sets benchmarks for 96 industries, including travel, airline and hotel & lodging websites, based on the seven criteria of a successful web site. The deadline for the best travel web sites to enter to be judged is May 31, 2013.
Websites are judged on seven criteria including design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copy writing and ease of use. All travel entrants benefit from receiving valuable feedback in terms of their specific criteria scores compared against the average scores for their industry.
"The travel industry is very competitive when it comes to Web development and companies can benefit from the independent evaluation of their online efforts," said William Rice, President of the Web Marketing Association. "Travel web sites have been doing great in terms of creating dynamic portals to keep up with the shift in the industry that removed agents as the source of travel information. Judges have looked highly upon travel web site's use of design, copywriting and interactivity."
Each year, the Web Marketing Association names the Best of Industry for the various travel categories based on the score they receive from the WebAward judges.
Recent winners of the Best Travel Website include:
- 2012 - Boyd Gaming Corporation for B Connected Online
- 2011 – Civic Resource Group for Wyoming Travel and Tourism Web Portal and Online Management System
- 2010 - TravelChannel.com & Razorfish for The New TravelChannel.com
- 2009 - VisitSweden for VisitSweden
Recent winners of the Best Airline Website include:
- 2011 – Carlson Marketing for JetBlue – "TrueBlue Be True"
- 2010 - Lufthansa in partnership with Amadeus for Lufthansa Website
- 2009 - Blast Advanced Media for nature Air – Eco Friendly Costa Rica Airline
- 2008 - Atmosphere BBDO for Emirates.com
Recent winners of the Best Hotel & Lodging Website include:
- 2012 - TravelClick Web Solutions for Puente Romano
- 2011 – Sabre Hospitality Solutions for The Shores Resort & Spa
- 2010 – TRAVELCLICK for Harbour Grand Kowloon Hotel
- 2009 – TravelCLICK for the Albert Hotel
- 2008 - E-site Marketing for Hotel Terra Jackson Hole
Participants can improve their chances on winning a WebAward by visiting the Web Marketing Association Facebook Page and becoming a fan of the page. The Web Marketing Association will be providing hints and tips on how to improve your chances on winning a top award though out the award program entry period.
Travel Websites can be entered into consideration for the 2013 Best Travel Website WebAward at the WebAward Website.
The 2013 WebAwards are sponsored by the following leading organizations: BGT Partners, PR Newswire, Burst Media, EContent Magazine, ExactTarget, ad:tech conferences, Internet World UK, SES Conferences, Webmaster Radio, and Website Magazine. The Web Marketing Association thanks these companies for their commitment to the entire online marketing community.
About the WebAwards
The Web Marketing Association was founded in 1997 to help define the standard of excellence for online marketing. Our internationally known award programs, such as WebAward Competition for Website Development, Internet Advertising Competition and the MobileWebAwards, recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing the most effective online marketing programs on the Internet today. Entrants benefit from assessment of their marketing efforts by a professional judging panel and the marketing opportunities presented by being recognized as an award-winning web developer.
SOURCE Web Marketing Association