MANCHESTER, England, August 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Betfred and Fantasy iTeam have announced the launch of a new and improved FiT Fantasy iTeam App for the 2012/13 Premier League season where players can get their hands on outstanding prizes, including a trip to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil!
Already a huge success during the 2011/12 campaign and Euro 2012, FiT Fantasy iTeam App allows players to test their managerial skills anytime, anywhere, and is one of the world's fastest growing fantasy football communities.
A massive change for the 2012/13 season will allow FiT app users to connect to the app via Facebook, allowing them to experience the full Fantasy iTeam experience on desktop as well as iPad, iPhone,iPod and Android.
Connecting to the app via Facebook will also make it far easier for players to sign up and share their FiT achievements with friends.
Other key improvements to the FiT App for the 2012/13 season include:
- New Manager Search Tool - making it easier than ever before to find and compete against other friends enjoying the app.
- Ability to purchase and earn FiT Credits which can then be used in game to take on other users, increasing competition amongst players.
- Further Facebook advantages, including the ability for players to broadcast messages within their personal leagues and the capacity to share individual trophy cabinets.
While players will benefit from all the advantages detailed above on this optimized app, they can also look forward to the opportunity to get their hands on weekly, monthly and season-ending prizes - including the chance to win a trip to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- the end of the 2012/13 season the manager with the highest points will win a trip for two to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- The manager with the highest overall iTeam value at the end of the season will win a VIP matchday experience for two.
- At the end of each month the manager with the highest amount of points for that period will win a gadget pack worth £500 and a £100 Free Bet.
- Each week the player with the most points for that week will win a club football shirt of their choice and a £25 Free Bet.
Commenting on the improved app, Betfred Managing Director
Chris Sheffield said: "We had over 100,000 downloads of the FiT app last season and I'm sure the additions to this already superb application together with the opportunity to win some outstanding prizes will lead to even more exciting results this time around."
Over 7,000 Mini Leagues sprang up on the FiT app last season, including the Betfred Official Mini-League, where Betfred owner Fred Done is Chairman. The Betfred official Mini-League attracted 2,000 iTeams and with the app set to hit Facebook even more will be expected this time around. Players can challenge Fred directly for Head-to-Head games each week.
iPhone, iPod and iPad users can download the app for free via the App Store while Android users can also download directly through Google Play. Following the link below on any mobile device will automatically take the player to the correct app download page.
- Betfred (http://www.betfred.com)
- was founded in 1967 by Fred Done and is now the World's largest independent bookmakers, with over 1350 retail shops. Betfred acquired The Tote in June 2011 and has exclusive licenses to operate pools products on UK horseracing. Petfre operates the Betfred brand online and on mobile, offering a range of products including an online sports book, casino, poker, bingo, games, lotteries and mobile gaming, for which Betfred won the Innovator in Mobile 2012 award. Betfred.com produced the UK's biggest online win of over £5.1 million and is home to the popular Goals Galore and Double Delight/Hattrick Heaven football promotions.
Done Brothers (Cash Betting) Limited (t/as Betfred) (Registered number 1277703).
Registered Office: The Spectrum, 56-58 Benson Road, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 7PQ.
Registered in England and Wales.