NEEDHAM, Mass., Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Bigbelly, Inc., the world leading Smart City Solutions Provider specializing in smart waste and recycling systems, revealed that a total of 112,119,235 gallons of public space waste was successfully contained in their connected systems last year. Bigbelly is proud to empower customers across fifty countries to manage this core city service in a smarter, data-driven, sustainable manner while creating the cleaner, more desirable streetscapes of today and tomorrow.
Bigbelly's Global Impact on Public Space Waste in 2016 by the Numbers:
- Total waste captured across all waste streams: 112,119,235 gallons (424,417,473 liters)
- Total recycling and compost captured: 17,440,225 gallons (66,018,433 liters)
- Most optimized collection routine with smart system:
- Top Municipal: 99% average efficiency in collections
- Top Higher Education: 91% average efficiency in collections
- Highest diversion ratio of meaningful deployments:
- Top Municipal: 66% of waste diverted from landfill
- Top Higher Education: 68% of waste diverted from landfill
In 2016 alone, millions of gallons of public space waste were successfully managed by this smart platform, kept off sidewalks, and removed from pest access. Real-time visibility from a cloud-based management platform optimized waste collection routines with record high efficiencies from California to France, Rhode Island to the UK, and New York to Sweden. Each smart waste and recycling solution is custom configured for the city, college, and corporate campus in which it is deployed.
Nearly half of all connected Bigbelly deployments feature multiple waste streams with a common goal of introducing and/or increasing public space recycling. Last year, Bigbelly's customers diverted 17,440,225 gallons of recycling and compost from landfills across the world. This system offers a compelling solution for cities and campuses motivated to measurably increase public space recycling with the ability to track and report on diversion rates, host multiple streams at the point of disposal, and provide visible public education. Top recycling program successes can be found from Montreal to London, California to Connecticut, Arizona to Pennsylvania, and beyond.
Discover more in the recently unveiled top rankings for Most Efficient Deployments and Highest Diversion Ratios in 2016 across municipal and higher education sectors:
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart City Deployments
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart College & University Deployments
- Top 25 Smart City Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios
- Top 25 Smart College Campus Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios
Bigbelly, Inc. is the world-leading Smart City solution provider of smart waste & recycling systems with over 1,500 customers in 50 countries. The cloud-connected Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling System combines smart, compacting, sensing stations with real-time software. Customers gain visibility, actionable insights, robust analytics, and reporting for optimized, data-driven waste operations. The system helps customers beautify their public space and reduce operational costs by 70-80 percent. Discover more at www.bigbelly.com and connect on Twitter (@BigBellySolar), Facebook and LinkedIn.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bigbelly-smart-waste--recycling-systems-captured-over-112-million-gallons-of-public-space-waste-last-year-300403024.html
SOURCE Bigbelly, Inc.