BigCommerce Announces Finalists in $35,000 Ecommerce Makeover Contest
Five online merchants selected to compete for the grand prize of a complete site redesign and other prizes from the world's fastest-growing ecommerce software company
AUSTIN, June 29 /PRNewswire/ -- BigCommerce, the leading provider of multi-channel ecommerce software for online merchants, today announced the finalists for the BigCommerce $35,000 Ecommerce Makeover Contest, sponsored by ecommerce software leader BigCommerce. Five finalists were selected based on their creativity, their company story, the coherence of their message and the potential for company growth.
The five finalists are:
- CoastCityStyles.com - DC and Marvel comic-themed T-shirts and merchandise
- GorillaSacks.com - tote and messenger bags made from recycled billboards
- KettleBellsUSA.com - kettlebells and other weight training items
- LatinPopShop.com - Latino, Latino-American and Latin-themed arts and handmade gifts
- OverTheMoonRibbons.com - a unique line of ribbons for design and craft projects
The finalists will now compete for a chance to win the grand prize, which includes:
- Professional store redesign and migration of the store to BigCommerce
- BigCommerce diamond store, with two-year free subscription
- Two-year MailChimp email marketing subscription
- One-year Fan Appz Pro license for social media marketing
- Google AdWords audit from ROI Revolution
- Online sales and marketing program consulting from Sales Rescue Team
- Significant promotion for the winner's business and other opportunities.
Finalist videos are now posted on the BigCommerce web site and Facebook® page, where the public will have an opportunity to vote for their favorite submitted video. Public voting runs from June 29, 2010 through July 9, 2010. The grand prize winner will be announced on July 15, 2010.
"We were truly inspired by the creativity and stories of all the contest entries. One theme we saw across the board is that many merchants have turned their passion into a business, and we're eager to support these companies as they grow and evolve," said Eddie Machaalani, co-founder and co-CEO of BigCommerce. "Our core mission as the leading ecommerce platform is to make it easy for anyone to grow their business online, and we look forward to working with our grand prize winner to build an online store and marketing program that takes their business to the next level."
For more details and official entry guidelines for the BigCommerce $35,000 Ecommerce Contest, please visit http://www.bigcommerce.com/contest.php.
BigCommerce is the leading provider of ecommerce software for small business merchants. BigCommerce enables any small business to easily set up and operate a professional ecommerce site, combining advanced ecommerce functionality with simple, intuitive design and administration. More than just an ecommerce platform, BigCommerce also helps small businesses attract more customers to their stores with just a few simple clicks, and offers more features than other ecommerce solutions. BigCommerce is the latest offering from Interspire™, a leading provider of shopping cart software used by more than 40,000 organizations worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bigcommerce.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.