WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate and Eastern States Exposition, The Big E, welcome attendees with an all new 2013 menu certain to tempt your taste buds. The 2013 Big E takes place September 13 - 29 in West Springfield, Mass., and during the course of the 17-day Fair, Centerplate will delight over 1 million attendees. Each year The Big E outshines all other fairs on the East Coast, bringing with it some of the most delectable treats in the Pioneer Valley. This year is no different.
Starting right at the crack of dawn, for breakfast, Big E attendees can try a new sandwich at The Big EZ Cafe called the Craz-E Breakfast Sandwich. It's a breakfast sandwich on a grilled glazed doughnut, and in between there is egg, and bacon or sausage, describes Noreen Tassinari, Big E Director of Marketing.
If all that sounds too good to be true, the Craz-E Breakfast Sandwich is matched only by its big brother, the Craz-E Burger, a bacon cheeseburger sandwiched between two halves of a glazed donut.
"We wanted to offer attendees a unique signature item," said Maureen Jordan, Centerplate's general manager at The Big E. "It started in partnership with the Big E. We asked customers to come up with a name that tied in to The Big E for our new burger concept, and the Craz-E Burger was named."
In all, The Big E features over 141 locations for meals, snacks and beverages, which are sure to satisfy everyone's taste buds including:
- Chocolate Baconana, a frozen banana dipped in chocolate and rolled in bacon, located at the Veggie Patch on Commonwealth Avenue.
- Deep Fried Strawberry Shortcake complete with chocolate syrup and powdered sugar located in the Food Court
- The Big E Cream Puff and The Big Eclair made right here in The Big E Cream Puff Bakery in the New England Center
- The Big E's original Craz-E Burger, a bacon cheeseburger sandwiched between two halves of a glazed donut
- Craz-E Breakfast Sandwich is a combination of the classic bacon and egg sandwich with a new twist! This old time favorite is placed between two halves of a grilled glazed donut
- Moolicious Pie Shack inside Gate 7 - Try one of their world class pies – Peach, Blueberry, Apple, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Turtle and Pecan – all served a la mode
- The New England Craft Beer Pub, located across from the Rhode Island Building, features craft beers from each New England state. Pair them with pub food including Reubens, lobster mac & cheese, hearty beef stew, popovers and more.
- Big E Wine and Cheese Barn is sure to grab your attention. This new, permanent structure features award-winning wines and cheeses from the annual Big E Northeast Gold Wine Competition and The Big E Gold Medal Cheese Competition. Sample and purchase a selection of New England wines & cheeses!
The Big E also features delicious international fare like German and Greek specialties, pierogis and tacos, the Italian Pavilion, and Heroes and Legends Cafe, a classic diner which transports guests back to the 1950s. For healthier options, attendees can find salads, smoothies, grilled chicken wraps among other options. If you're craving traditional fair food, offerings include fried dough, corn dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, candy apples, and unique offerings found only at The Big E:
- Our Fried Kool Aid at Marion's Fried Dough
- Deep Fried Oreos combine the delicious chocolate and creamy taste of your favorite cookie with the familiar deep fried flavor at Piche's Beignets, and Fried Brownie Bits at The Coffee Break.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results" for more than 115 million guests each year in over 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America and the United Kingdom. Centerplate has provided event hospitality to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history. Recently, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/hospitality group in the United States by Nation's Restaurant News, and has recently expanded operations in the United Kingdom. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com or connect with us on twitter @centerplate or facebook.com/Centerplate.