Bigger, Better Company Perks for WTP Advisors in 2014 Global Opportunities, Unlimited Vacation, Professional Development Program Offered to Employees
NEW YORK, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- WTP Advisors, a global tax and business advisory firm, has boosted its employee benefits exponentially this year, including offering unlimited vacation time. Touting its already generous policies, as well as the notable additions to the benefits roster this year will help WTP document its dominant position in the professional service industry as a great place to work, and continue to attract and retain top talent.
"As a company of entrepreneurs, we want to adopt policies that make the most sense for self-starting, motivated, and highly independent employees," says Michael Minihan, partner and co-founder of WTP Advisors.
WTP's company culture is vastly different than most consulting firms: micromanagement is a dirty word. Instead there's the expectation that every single person in the firm will develop and execute new, innovative ideas to enhance the business.
"We want to reward our staff in a way that's meaningful to them," says Minihan. "Offering unlimited vacation days is a way to do this."
On top of a generous 401(k) plan, medical & dental coverage (with no co-pays), tuition reimbursement, social events, and kitchens stocked with free food (granola bars, yogurts, fruit, pretzels, candy, water, soda and seltzers), some of WTP's exceptionally awesome perks are:
- Global Experience Program: Through our 40 offices across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, comprised of the best and brightest talent in the tax and advisory industry in the world, employees are offered the opportunity to work in foreign offices alongside our affiliates to gain international experience. WTP has 40 offices in 29 countries globally.
- Unlimited Vacation Time: WTP offers employees an open Paid Time Off (PTO) policy, in which each employee is given the flexibility to take time off as necessary. WTP will not limit PTO to the extent that it does not affect an employee's performance/productivity. Additionally, WTP observes and pays employees for designated holidays.
- Professional Development Program: WTP pays employee expenses associated with seminars and/or classes that are not part of a degree program (covered under tuition reimbursement), CPA study courses and exam fees, bar exam fees, and costs associated with the upkeep of job-related professional certifications and/or licensing.
- New Hire Acclimation Period: During the first month of hire, WTP gives new hires no specific assignments so employees can take this time to get acclimated with their new environment and co-workers, as well as WTP policies and procedures.
- Work from anywhere: WTP offers an incredibly liberal telecommuting policy. Employees are given all the necessary tools and equipment (including company cell phones enabled with hot spots) to work almost anywhere they want.
- Partner Dinners: WTP is committed to ensuring an open-door policy for all staff to the Partners. To support this effort, WTP Partners hold dinner meetings or "get-togethers" with small groups of staff on a quarterly basis. During this, employees are able to hear what other WTP staff members are thinking as well as voice their own opinions, thoughts and ideas about WTP and their future career development.
- Top Employee Awards: Twice per year, WTP awards a trip for two to Arizona (WTP owns a vacation house there) to its top performing employee.
- Shoe shine service: At our White Plains location, a free shoe shine is available at various times each week.
WTP Advisors is a leader in tax and business advisory services for a global marketplace. Our highly skilled professionals equipped with years of industry experience, coupled with our cutting-edge technologies, make substantive and long-term differences to an organization's profitability. WTP Advisors is headquartered in White Plains, New York, with offices across the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
SOURCE WTP Advisors