CHEVY CHASE, Md., July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Automakers, who have historically been fiercely competitive, have a common goal when it comes to cybersecurity. The goal: work collaboratively to share information about cyber threats and develop best cybersecurity practices.
The Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit on July 22 in Detroit will bring together important stakeholders in the dynamic world of cybersecurity to focus on best practices and needed guidelines to ensure the cyber safety of the new generation of cars.
At this information-rich day, top-ranked officials from DOT, NHTSA, Department of Justice, FTC and the FBI will offer their perspectives on steps needed to ensure cybersecurity, while top cybersecurity professionals from automakers, as well as members of the newly formed Auto-ISAC, discuss best practices, overcoming obstacles to information sharing, and a new path forward.
"Convening a who's who of automotive cybersecurity experts to discuss best practices is core to the Billington CyberSecurity mission of providing world class and objective cybersecurity education," said Thomas Billington, Founder and Chairman of Billington CyberSecurity.
Key Insights from Distinguished Keynotes:
- The Honorable Anthony Foxx, Secretary, US Transportation Department
- Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors Company
- Phebe Novakovic, Chairman and CEO, General Dynamics
- David Johnson, Associate Executive Assistant Director, Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- John Carlin, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, Department of Justice
Plus, the candid views of government and industry insiders on:
- Autonomous vehicle cybersecurity
- New paradigms in information sharing
- Ensuring privacy while enhancing cybersecurity
- The impact of ride sharing on cybersecurity
- What roles will DOT, NHTSA and the FTC play?
- Securing the vehicle supply chain and much more in this rapidly changing landscape
- Coordinated vulnerability disclosures and vulnerability testing
Agenda and Speakers:
(See times for the keynotes and sessions, here.)
Opening Keynote: Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors Company
CybersecurityRoundtable: Future Voluntary Solutions, Information Sharing, and Best Practices to Counter CyberThreats
Moderator: Jonathan Allen, Acting Executive Director, Auto-ISAC and Principal, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Bently Au, Chief Information Security Officer, Enterprise Information Security Program, Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
- Steven Center, Vice President, Environmental Business Development; Vice President, Product Regulatory Office, American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
- Jeffrey Massimilla, Chief Product Cybersecurity Officer, Vehicle & Vehicle Services Cybersecurity, General Motors Company
- Josh Corman, Founder, I am The Cavalry; Director, Cyber Statecraft Initiative, Atlantic Council
DC Meets Detroit: Government Automotive CybersecurityRoundtable
Moderator: Jason Stein, Vice President, Publisher and Editor, Automotive News
- Dr. Mark Rosekind, Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Adm. (Ret.) Thad Allen, Executive Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Terrell McSweeny, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
- Senator Gary Peters, U.S. Senate
Securing the Car Through Vulnerability Testing and Coordinated Disclosure Programs
Moderator: Dan Lohrmann, CSO and Chief Strategist, Security Mentor (Former CISO, State of Michigan)
- Marten Mickos, President and CEO, HackerOne
- Casey Ellis, Founder and CEO, Bugcrowd
- Titus Melnyk, Senior Manager – Security Architecture, FCA US LLC
Law Enforcement, the FBI and Automotive Cybersecurity
David Johnson, Associate Executive Assistant Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Q&A on Automotive Cybersecuritywith Assistant Attorney General John Carlin
Conversation with The Honorable John Carlin, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, U.S. Department of Justice
CybersecurityLessons Learned from Outside the Automotive Sector
Moderator: Jennifer Tisdale, Cybersecurity & Intelligent Transportation Systems Manager, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Marty Edwards, Assistant Deputy Director, NCCIC and Director, ICS-CERT, Dept. of Homeland Security
- Brian Witten, Senior Director, Symantec Research Labs, Symantec Corporation
- Phil Harvey, Technical Director, Cybersecurity and Special Missions, Intelligence, Information and Systems, Raytheon Company
Keynote: Phebe Novakovic, Chairman and CEO, General Dynamics
Fireside Chat: The Future of Autonomous Vehicles
Moderator: Joe White, Transportation Editor, Thomson Reuters
- Logan Green, Co-Founder and CEO, Lyft
- Mark L. Reuss, Executive Vice President, Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain, General Motors Company
- Prof. Raj Rajkumar, George Westinghouse Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
Final Keynote: The Honorable Anthony Foxx, Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation
Closing Remarks: Thomas K. Billington, Chairman and Founder, Billington CyberSecurity
Billington CyberSecurity, founded in 2010, is an independent media company that produces high-level executive conferences and seminars about cybersecurity. Upcoming events include the 7th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit.
At the July 22 summit, the Premier Sponsor is General Motors Company, the Platinum sponsor is Symantec and the Exclusive Diamond Sponsor is Booz Allen Hamilton. Gold sponsor is AIAG. The Exhibitors are Anomali and P3. Association sponsors are the Auto Alliance, AutoHarvest, Global Automakers, Intelligent Car Coalition, ISSA Motor City, InfraGard Michigan, Original Equipment Suppliers Association, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, National Automobile Dealers Association and NAIAS.
TO SPONSOR; Email Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-641-4150.
Press contact: Helen Hoart (email@example.com or 203-536-5545.)
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/billington-automotive-cybersecurity-summit-to-focus-on-cyber-best-practices-for-connected-and-autonomous-vehicles-300298434.html
SOURCE Billington CyberSecurity