BillingTree's Matt Llewellyn to present on Patient Payments at upcoming Ontario Systems Conference on August 8th in Indianapolis
Topic to address solving the true patient payment conundrum of reducing accounts receivables while improving the patient experience
PHOENIX, Aug. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BillingTree®, one of the nation's leading on-demand payment processors, today announced their VP of Healthcare Sales, Matt Llewellyn, will address the Ontario Systems Solutions Track conference attendees in Indianapolis, IN on August 8th at 8:30 a.m.
This session, "The True Patient Payment Conundrum: Reducing Accounts Receivables while Improving the Patient Experience" will walk through some of the basic challenges in the payment collection process and provide some insight into tools which may help your staff improve collections and reduce Accounts Receivables.
"The patient participation in the payment for healthcare services is complex and challenging. For the healthcare providers it is critical that they receive payment in full for the services they provide as quickly as possible," commented Llewellyn. "First the provider must determine the charge for services and then work to collect the payment. Payments come from multiple sources of which one is the patient, a component that continues to rise."
Key content to be addressed during the presentation includes:
- Where do providers put their resources in the payment collection process?
- What technical solutions can be used to improve operational efficiencies and provide for a positive patient experience when they are called upon to pay for their healthcare services?
- What's the best approach - Begin by breaking down self-pay patients into one of four classifications and apply strategies to best collect:
- Those who can pay their bill, and probably will - offering multiple bill presentment and payment channel providers can quickly reduce their RCM time. Include the use of web payment portals, Interactive Voice Response and Personal URLs (PURLS) on statements.
- Those who can pay their bill, but delay/resist and at times refuse to pay - Consider your outsourcing options and focus your internal efforts on those accounts you believe have a medium or higher propensity to pay.
- Those who have the means to pay only a portion of their bill - Implementing payment plans with automated recurring withdrawals to allow for maximum recovery of the debt being serviced.
- Those who cannot pay their bill at all - Identify quickly and follow your internal policies regarding charity care and bad debt allocations.
Ultimately, capturing payments after a patient leaves a healthcare facility needs to be efficient, effective and provide for a positive post care experience going a long way toward solving the Patient Payment Conundrum.
If unable to attend the session in Indianapolis, request a meeting with Matt to review the content at http://www.pages02.net/billingtree/meeting/meeting-Matt .
The proven leader in on-demand payment processing, BillingTree empowers customers with competitive advantage through a simplification of the billing and receivables process. By delivering the most innovative technology while making it as easy and inexpensive as possible to accept payments, BillingTree has revolutionized the payments landscape. Our software-as-a-service (SaaS) model delivers industry-leading payment solutions, proven integration, and point-and-click simplicity. BillingTree's focus on innovation has allowed us to help more than 2,000 customers eliminate manual processes and automate their payment cycles. BillingTree – Growth is our Business. For more information, visit www.mybillingtree.com or call 877.4.BILLTREE.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.