"There is a clear demand for Biotech Showcase, and we are doing everything possible to meet that demand," said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group. "We have expanded to two locations and have grown our program offerings to include cell and gene therapies and rare disease, in addition to our concurrent events, Digital Medicine Showcase and Medtech Showcase. The event continues to act as a priority venue for investors in town for the busiest week of the year."
Biotech Showcase is an investor and networking event where biotech-investment deals are initiated that directly impact innovation and drug development for the coming year, and beyond. Over the course of three days, thousands of executives from pharma, biotech and finance gather for the industry's biggest biotech investing event.
Large pharma companies brought their teams to the event, including AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Novo Nordisk, Roche, Shire and Takeda, among others. Major sponsors included AstraZeneca, Covington, Hogan Lovells, inVentiv Health, Johnson & Johnson Innovation and Lonza. As well, the conference is supported by these sponsors and professional advisors.
Attendees of Biotech Showcase came from over 1,800 companies from 50 countries. As well, the event had 400 company presentations and 21 program panels and workshops, and 36 exhibitors between Biotech Showcase, Digital Medicine Showcase and Medtech Showcase. Perhaps most impressively, this year Biotech Showcase attracted 900 investors, representing an increase of 50% over 2016.
The next Biotech Showcase will be held January 8–10, 2018 in San Francisco. For more information go to BiotechShowcase.com.
Additional links and information:
Follow Biotech Showcase on Twitter: @EBDGroup and @DemyColton (hashtag: #BiotechShowcase)
Demy-Colton produces high level investor and business development conferences and events for the biopharmaceutical and life sciences industry. With a proven track record and deep domain knowledge, it develops programs that add value and regularly exceed the expectations of participants. Dedicated to facilitating the growth of the life sciences industry, Demy-Colton's expanding portfolio of conferences includes:
- Biotech Showcase™ – a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with EBD Group
- Biotech CEO Summit™ – A private, thought-provoking meeting for biotech industry leaders united by the common goal of driving responsible growth and innovation
- Biotech CEO Summit Europe™ – A private one-of-a-kind event dedicated to helping the leadership of newly public and late stage private biotech companies navigate the constantly evolving biotech landscape
- Trans-Pacific Health Sciences Dialogue™ – The first stop of any executive looking to expand, advance, explore and/or develop collaborations and partnerships in Asia
- Life Sciences Summit™ – An early stage investor and business development conference that highlights innovation
- MedTech Showcase™ – A two-day meeting, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, that explores the latest developments and technologies in the device and diagnostic industry, co-produced with EBD Group
- Digital Medicine Showcase™ – This two-day showcase, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, examines the emerging digital medicine sector, identifies key players and issues, co-produced with EBD Group.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group's partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group's conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe's largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America's vibrant life science hubs
- Cell & Gene Exchange, a partnering forum focused on the patient community in cell and gene therapy sectors, co-produced with Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM).
EBD Group's sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
Tune into EBD Group's Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biotech-showcase-2017-gathered-3000-investors-and-executives-from-the-life-sciences-industry-in-san-francisco-last-week-300392036.html
SOURCE EBD Group