Bitmark authored the white paper to rigorously articulate the need for digital property rights from an historical perspective. As the Internet has grown to over 12-trillion gigabytes of digital data and is doubling in size every two years, the harmful effects from unclear property rights can no longer be ignored.
"As with previous property revolutions, the most effective way to safeguard and develop undervalued resources is to establish property rights for them. What is needed," argue the authors, "is a property system for the digital environment that brings real property rights to digital assets, thereby transforming them from a growing social liability into an unparalleled new property class capable of fueling the larger global economy."
The white paper analyzes the reasons underlying the current problems and diagrams a blockchain-based property system capable of addressing the following topics:
- Principles of Property – how the first principles of property rights apply in the digital environment
- Piracy and Rights – how property rights for digital assets can address online piracy
- Privacy in the Digital Environment – how current privacy protections for personal data fall short
- Bitmarks as Property Titles – how bitmarks convert digital assets into digital property
- Blockchain Technologies – how the Bitmark blockchain creates a low-cost, open, and globally accessible digital property ledger
- Decentralization – how the decentralized Bitmark blockchain is strengthened through the active participation of anyone on the Internet
- Achieving Data Privacy through Digital Property – how converting personal data into private property increases legal and technical protections
The Bitmark white paper was collaboratively authored by Casey Alt, Sean Moss-Pultz, Amy Whitaker, and Timothy Chen. The white paper is being launched in conjunction with Bitmark's beta software release slated for mid-December.
To read the complete Bitmark white paper click here.
Bitmark is a blockchain startup defining property for the digital environment by enabling issuance of property titles for digital assets and data. As the facilitating network for ownership and stewardship of personal digital ecologies, Bitmark embraces creators and digital environmentalists vying for a healthy internet and Internet of Things. Get involved at https://bitmark.com.
PR & Media Contact
Adrienne A. Wallace
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161130/444224LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bitmark-releases-paper-defining-property-in-the-digital-environment-300370708.html
SOURCE Bitmark Inc.