BizBash Announces New York's Top 100 Annual Events
Fashion Week, the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute benefit, Upfront Week, James Beard Awards, and more on the list of the city's most influential annual events
NEW YORK, May 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BizBash, the leading trade media for event and meeting organizers and event marketers, has announced its 2013 list of New York Top 100 Events. After reviewing thousands of New York events, BizBash ranked the events on this annual list by several factors, including economic impact, buzz, innovation, and the event's prominence within the communities it intends to serve.
"The event landscape in New York is continuously evolving, making it harder to define those that make the most impact year after year, " said BizBash executive editor Anna Sekula. "One big change to the list this year was creating the category for tech industry events. We wanted to recognize the growth of the city's technology sector and the impact of events like Internet Week."
The category leaders in the BizBash New York Top 100 Events 2013 include:
- Fashion Industry: Fashion Week
- Advertising Industry: Advertising Week
- Art, Design & Architecture: The Armory Show
- Benefits: The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Benefit
- Entertainment Industry: Upfront Week
- Beauty Industry: FiFi Awards
- Food and Restaurant Industry: James Beard Awards
- Hospitality Industry: N.Y.U.'s Hospitality Industry Investment Conference
- Media Industry: Time 100 Gala
- Parades, Festivals & Holiday: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Political & Diplomatic: Clinton Global Initiative
- PR Industry: P.R.S.A.'s Silver Anvil Awards
- Sports: U.S. Open
- Trade Shows & Conventions: New York International Auto Show
- Tech Industry: Internet Week
The full list of the New York Top 100 Events can be found at bizbash.com/new-yorks-top-100-events-2013.
BizBash is an innovator and resource hub for the event and meeting industry with its Web site, live events, and magazines. Event organizers responsible for events such as White House state dinners and the Oscars, as well as conferences, trade shows, fund-raisers, and more, use BizBash products regularly for ideas and best practices that can be implemented at their own events. Visit us at bizbash.com, and follow us at @BizBash_News and facebook.com/bizbash.
More by this Source
BizBash Announces The Top 100 Annual Events in the United States
Sep 17, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.