CHARLESTON, S.C., Dec. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club today announced a $10,000 donation and partnership with the Lowcountry Food Bank, a Feeding America Member food bank. The donation from the BJ's Charitable Foundation will help alleviate hunger in the community by supporting the food bank's acquisition of fresh, nutritious food during the holiday season.
"BJ's is committed to making a positive difference in the communities we serve, and we're proud to support the Lowcountry Food Bank," said Kirk Saville, senior vice president of corporate communications at BJ's Wholesale Club. "This partnership marks the beginning of BJ's presence in South Carolina, and we're happy to help the Lowcountry Food Bank source fresh, nutritious food during the holiday season."
The BJ's Wholesale Club is slated for opening in Spring 2017 and will provide affordable fresh food options to the community that beat grocery store prices every day. Additionally, through its Feeding Communities Program, the Club will donate unsold produce, meat, poultry, seafood, dairy and bakery products on a daily basis to reduce food waste and provide wholesome, fresh food to neighbors in need.
"We are excited about our new partnership with BJ's Wholesale Club," said Pat Walker, President and CEO of the Lowcountry Food Bank. "Their generous donation will help provide thousands of families impacted by food insecurity with nutritious food. With a partner like BJ's Wholesale Club, together we will be able to make a significant impact in the fight against hunger in our community."
The BJ's Wholesale Club will be located at the intersection of Interstate 26 and North Main Street, Summerville's primary retail corridor. The Club will be the first in South Carolina, expanding BJ's footprint to 16 states and marking club #215 for the company. The Club will also feature a BJ's Gas® station, saving Members even more.
- BJ's offers the best value of any supermarket or club.
- BJ's everyday prices on the key items that families buy most often are significantly better value than supermarkets, saving families up to 25 percent or more.
- The company is the only major wholesale club that accepts manufacturers' coupons, offering families another great way to save.
- Its own brands, Berkley Jensen and Wellsley Farms, let families save without sacrificing quality or fun.
- BJ's biggest advantage is fresh food – produce, dairy, meat and deli.
- Members buy 65 percent more fresh food from BJ's than from other clubs.
- BJ's is the only major wholesale club to offer a full-service deli with premium meats and cheeses.
- Members are able to choose fresh meats cut to their specifications. BJ's butchers will recut and repackage at no charge.
- A BJ's Membership is filled with added convenience.
- BJ's offers the most payment options of any major wholesale club.
- Members are able to research, shop and install electronics with help from BJ's Tech Advisors.
- Its new Pick Up & Pay® program allows shoppers to stock up by reserving items online and then picking up in-club.
- Members can save time and money by filling up their tanks at BJ's. The company's gas prices are among the lowest around.
Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer surveys on household spending, the BJ's Wholesale Club could save area shoppers more than $40 million a year.
Shoppers can learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club by going to www.bjs.com.
About BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's is the leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates 214 clubs and 130 BJ's Gas® locations in 15 states.
BJ's provides a one-stop shopping destination filled with top-quality, leading brands, including its exclusive Wellsley Farms and Berkley Jensen brands, along with USDA Choice meats, premium produce and delicious organics, many in supermarket sizes. BJ's is also the only major membership warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and, for greater convenience, offers the most payment options.
BJ's is wholly owned by affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners, CVC Capital Partners and its management team.
About the Lowcountry Food Bank
The Lowcountry Food Bank serves the 10 coastal counties of South Carolina and aims to distribute more than 25 million pounds of food each year. The Lowcountry Food Bank is a clearinghouse for donated food products that are distributed to a network of nearly 300 member feeding agencies including soup kitchens, homeless shelters and emergency food pantries. The Lowcountry Food Bank is a member of Feeding America and is committed to educating the public about the problems of and solutions to domestic hunger as well as advocating on behalf of our neighbors who experience hunger. For more information, please visit www.lowcountryfoodbank.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bjs-wholesale-club-announces-10000-donation-and-partnership-with-lowcountry-food-bank-300379168.html
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club