KEARNY, N.J., Aug. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The new BJ's Wholesale Club in Kearny could save local shoppers up to $10 million a year, saving families up to 25 percent – and more -- with every day prices that are significantly less than grocery store prices. The company is sharing secrets to help members unlock the savings at the Club, with its grand opening set for Saturday, September 3.
"People can be a little intimated when they think of shopping at membership warehouse clubs," said Robert Reyes, General Manager of the BJ's Wholesale Club in Kearny. "But BJ's Wholesale Club is different. We offer far more fresh produce, dairy, meat and deli items than other clubs at prices that are lower than grocery stores. With almost twice as many products as other clubs, we're the perfect one-stop shopping destination for everything from bananas to diapers to the latest electronics. And we're committed to offering outstanding value and great quality."
To help Kearny shoppers save, the company shared the following secrets:
- BJ's offers the best value of any supermarket or club.
- BJ's prices on the key items that families buy most often are always significantly less than supermarkets, saving families up to 25 percent or more.
- The company is the only major wholesale club that accepts manufacturers' coupons, offering families another great way to save.
- Its own brands, Berkley Jensen and Wellsley Farms, let families save without sacrificing quality or fun.
- BJ's biggest advantage is fresh food – produce, dairy, meat and deli.
- Members buy 65% more fresh food from BJ's than from other clubs.
- BJ's is the only major wholesale club to offer a full-service deli with premium meats and cheeses.
- Members are able to choose fresh meats cut to their specifications. BJ's butchers will recut and repackage at no charge.
- A BJ's Membership is filled with added convenience.
- BJ's offers the most payment options of any major wholesale club.
- Members are able to research, shop and install electronics with help from BJ's Tech Advisors.
- Its new Pick Up & Pay program allows shoppers to stock up by reserving items online and then picking up in club.
- Members can get rewarded with My BJ's Perks™ Program. BJ's Perk Plus™ and BJ's Perks Elite™ MasterCard holders can earn up to 5% back on most purchases in and outside of BJ's. They also receive ten cents off per gallon of BJ's Gas every day as well as other rich benefits.
Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer surveys on household spending, the BJ's Wholesale Club could save area shoppers $10 million a year. The savings begin with a grand opening celebration on Saturday, September 3, which will include food and beverage sampling, balloon artists and face painters. Current Members as well as the general public are invited to visit the new club where about 120 BJ's Team Members (employees) will be available to provide information about membership and products.
Shoppers will discover a growing selection of organic foods, BJ's exclusive, premium Wellsley Farms and Berkley Jensen brands, fresh bakery, rotisserie chicken, deli, Dunkin Donuts food court, propane, BJ's Optical® Department and more.
The Kearny Club will be open Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Shoppers can join BJ's Wholesale Club before the grand opening by going to http://www.bjs.com/kearny
About BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's is the leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates 213 clubs and 130 BJ's Gas® locations 15 states.
BJ's provides great value in a one-stop shopping destination filled with top-quality, leading brands including its exclusive Wellsley Farms and Berkley Jensen brands along with USDA Choice meats, premium produce and delicious organics in many supermarket sizes. BJ's is also the only major wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and, for greater convenience, offers the most payment options.
BJ's is wholly owned by affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners, CVC Capital Partners and its management team.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bjs-wholesale-club-in-kearny-could-save-area-shoppers-10-million-a-year-300308671.html
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club