BJ's Wholesale Club Opens in Deer Park, NY Grand Opening Celebration Set for Saturday, January 28 & Sunday, January 29
DEER PARK, N.Y., Jan. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club announced the opening of its newest Long Island location at 1900 The Arches Circle, Deer Park in the Town of Babylon. The 85,000 square-foot club offers significant savings on groceries and general merchandise including premium consumer electronics and brand-name appliances.
In recognition of the new Club opening, BJ's will host Grand Opening Celebrations on Saturday, January 28 and Sunday, January 29. Current Members and the public at large are invited to sample a variety of food and beverages and visit with balloon artists and face painters.
BJ's Wholesale Club takes great pride in being a good corporate citizen and is dedicated to giving back to the Deer Park community. Reflecting BJ's commitment to educational excellence, the new Deer Park Club has partnered with the John F. Kennedy Intermediate School in Deer Park as part of BJ's Adopt-a-School program. The school will receive a donation to enhance educational programs and curriculum objectives and a shopping cart full of school supplies. BJ's will also partner with The United Way of Long Island. The wholesale club will make a donation to support Project Warmth, the United Way's emergency fuel assistance program that provides eligible households assistance with paying winter heating bills.
"BJ's is excited to open in Deer Park, and we look forward to serving this community" said Dave Ponnwitz general manager of BJ's Wholesale Club in Deer Park. "Not only will area residents now have an even more convenient location to satisfy all their shopping needs, but we are eager to establish a strong relationship with the community and are honored to partner with the John F. Kennedy Intermediate School and The United Way of Long Island."
With a focus on serving individual consumers and families, BJ's Wholesale Club places greater emphasis on satisfying consumer demands for value, selection, brands and convenience:
- Value and Savings – BJ's Members can save more than 30% off supermarket prices on a market basket of items.* In addition, BJ's is the only warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons.
- Variety and Selection – With more than 7,000 products, BJ's features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry.
- Quality and Brands – BJ's provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as locally-grown produce, USDA "Choice" meats and expanding number of all-natural and certified organic foods.
- The Most Payment Options –For added convenience, BJ's also offers the most payment options of any wholesale club. In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, members can use their Visa, BJ's Visa®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ's is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need – all under one roof. Special features available at the Deer Park Club include:
- BJ's Fresh Bakery
- Full Service Delicatessen
- Grocery store and stock-up sizes
- Rotisserie Chicken
- New BJ's Cafe
- Optical Department
- Verizon Wireless Kiosk
Club design elements such as aisle markers and wider aisles allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self -checkout and express lanes save Members time.
Inner Circle® and Business Memberships cost $50 a year. BJ's Rewards® memberships are also available for $100 a year, enabling Members to earn 2% back on qualifying purchases.
The Deer Park Club joins 39 other BJ's Clubs throughout New York. The Club is open Monday through Saturday, 9 am - 10 pm and Sunday 9 am - 8 pm. For more information about the new Deer Park location, visit www.bjs.com/DeerPark.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats, all-natural and certified organic products and stock-up items. BJ's is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company operates 195 clubs and 107 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
* 30% savings is compared to supermarket prices and is based on the per unit price of a market basket of items. Savings may vary based upon market area and items purchased. Research conducted by Warehouse Club Focus, October 2011
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.