BJ's Wholesale Club Opens in Ithaca, NY
Grand Opening Celebration Set for Saturday, January 28 & Sunday, January 29
ITHACA, N.Y., Jan. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club announced the opening of its newest upstate New York location at 40 Graham Road in Ithaca. The 85,000 square-foot club offers significant savings on groceries and general merchandise, including premium consumer electronics and brand-name appliances.
In recognition of the new Club opening, BJ's will host a Grand Opening Celebration Saturday, January 28, and Sunday, January 29. Current Members and the public are invited to sample a variety of food and beverages and visit with balloon artists and face painters.
Giving back to the communities in which team members live and work is at the core of BJ's Wholesale Club. The new club takes its responsibility to the community very seriously.
Reflecting its commitment to serving the community, the new Ithaca Club has partnered with the R.C. Buckley Elementary School as part of BJ's Adopt-a-School program. The school will receive a donation to enhance educational programs and curriculum objectives and a shopping cart full of school supplies.
BJ's also recognizes that community organizations are struggling in the challenging economy. To do its part for the community, the new club will be providing donations to four local organizations.
- Lansing Food Pantry will receive bi-weekly bread donations from the club, as well as $500 worth of food, at the Grand Opening.
- YMCA of Ithaca and Tompkins County will get a $1,000 donation to help provide access for families in the greater Ithaca area who cannot afford it.
- Family Reading Partnership will be the recipient of a $1,000 donation to help support early literacy.
- Women's Opportunity Center will receive a $1,000 donation toward employment and training services.
"BJ's is excited to open in Ithaca, and we look forward to serving this community," said Steve Pane general manager of BJ's Wholesale Club in Ithaca. "Not only will area residents now have an even more convenient location to satisfy all their shopping needs, but we are eager to establish a strong relationship with the community."
With a focus on serving individual consumers and families, BJ's Wholesale Club places greater emphasis on satisfying consumer demands for value, selection, brands and convenience:
- Value and Savings – BJ's Members can save more than 30% off supermarket prices on a market basket of items.* In addition, BJ's is the only warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons.
- Variety and Selection – With more than 7,000 products, BJ's features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry.
- Quality and Brands – BJ's provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as locally-grown produce, U.S.D.A. "Choice" meats and expanding number of all-natural and organic foods.
- The Most Payment Options –For added convenience, BJ's also offers the most payment options of any wholesale club. In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, members can use their Visa, BJ's Visa®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ's is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need – all under one roof. Special features available at the Ithaca Club include:
- BJ's Fresh Bakery
- Full Service Delicatessen
- Grocery store and stock-up sizes
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Beer-only alcohol offering
- New BJ's Cafe
- Optical Department
- Verizon Wireless Kiosk
- BJ's Gas (opening in May and featuring the first electric car charging station offered by a BJ's Club)
- BJ's Propane
- BJ's Tire Center
Club design elements such as aisle markers and wider aisles allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self -checkout and express lanes save Members time.
Inner Circle® and Business Memberships cost $50 a year, and BJ's Rewards® memberships are also available for $100 a year, enabling Members to earn 2% back on qualifying purchases.
The Ithaca Club joins 39 other BJ's Clubs throughout the state. The Club is open Monday through Saturday, 9 am - 10 pm and Sunday 9 am - 8 pm. For more information about the new Ithaca location, visit www.bjs.com/Ithaca.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats, all-natural and organic products and stock-up items. BJ's is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company operates 195 clubs and 107 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
* 30% savings is compared to supermarket prices and is based on the per unit price of a market basket of items. Savings may vary based upon market area and items purchased. Research conducted by Warehouse Club Focus, October 2011.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.