PITTSFIELD, Mass., Oct. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club is pleased to announce the opening of its newest Massachusetts location at 495 Hubbard Street in Pittsfield, MA. The more than 85,000 square-foot club, which features a BJ's gas station, offers significant savings on groceries, gas and general merchandise including premium consumer electronics and brand-name appliances.
In recognition of the new Club opening, BJ's will host Grand Opening Celebrations on Saturday October 29 and Sunday October 30. Current Members and the public at large are invited to sample a variety of food and beverages and visit with balloon artists and face painters.
Reflecting BJ's commitment to serving the community, the new Pittsfield club has partnered with the Silvio O. Conte Community School as part of BJ's Adopt-a-School program. The school will receive a donation to enhance educational programs and curriculum objectives and a shopping cart full of school supplies. BJ's will also partner with the Berkshire Community Action Council of Berkshire County. The wholesale club will make a donation to support the organization's Fuel Assistance Program, which provides eligible households assistance in paying winter heating bills. Additionally, the new Club hopes to help the economy by creating approximately 120 new jobs.
"BJ's is excited to open in Pittsfield, and we look forward to serving this community," said Rob Mickett, general manager of BJ's Wholesale Club in Pittsfield. "Not only will area residents now have an even more convenient location to satisfy all their shopping needs, but we are eager to establish a strong relationship with the community and are honored to partner with the Conte Community School and the Berkshire Community Action Council."
With a focus on serving individual consumers and families, BJ's Wholesale Club places greater emphasis on satisfying consumer demands for value, selection, brands and convenience:
- Value and Savings – BJ's Members can save more than 30% off supermarket prices on a market basket of items.* In addition, BJ's is the only warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons.
- Variety and Selection – With more than 7,000 products, BJ's features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry.
- Quality and Brands – BJ's provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as locally-grown produce, U.S.D.A. "Choice" meats and expanding number of all-natural and organic foods.
- The Most Payment Options – In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, members can use their Visa, BJ's Visa®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ's is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need – all under one roof. Special features available at the Pittsfield Club include:
- BJ's Fresh Bakery
- Full Service Delicatessen
- Grocery store and stock-up sizes
- Rotisserie Chicken
- New BJ's Cafe
- Optical Department
- Verizon Wireless Kiosk
- BJ's Gas Station
Club design elements such as aisle markers, wider aisles and better lighting allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self -checkout and express lanes save Members time.
Inner Circle® and Business Memberships cost $50 a year. Business Members can take advantage of exempt and resale privileges as well as a "Pick & Pack" faxed-order service. BJ's Rewards® memberships are also available for $90 a year, enabling Members to earn 2% back on qualifying purchases.
The Pittsfield Club joins 23 other BJ's Clubs throughout the state. The Club is open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. For more information about the new Pittsfield location, visit www.bjs.com/Pittsfield.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats and stock-up items. BJ's is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company currently operates 192 clubs and 107 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
* 30% savings is compared to supermarket prices and is based on the per unit price of a market basket of items. Savings may vary based upon market area and items purchased. Research conducted by Warehouse Club Focus, October 2010.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club