WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Jan. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is pleased to announce the opening of three new club locations: Gainesville, VA, Deer Park, NY and Ithaca, NY. The wholesale club, with its loyal member following, offers significant savings on groceries including a wide selection of certified organic and all-natural varieties, and general merchandise including premium consumer electronics and appliances. The new clubs are opening in response to consumer demand and enthusiasm for the BJ's shopping experience which includes:
- Value and Savings – BJ's Members can save more than 30% off supermarket prices on a market basket of items.* In addition, BJ's is the only warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons.
- Variety and Selection – With more than 7,000 products, BJ's features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry.
- Quality and Brands – BJ's provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as prepared foods, USDA "Choice" meats and expanding number of all-natural and organic foods.
- The Most Payment Options –BJ's offers the most payment options of any wholesale club. In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, members can use their Visa, BJ's Visa®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ's is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need – all under one roof. Special features include: BJ's Fresh Bakery, Full Service Delicatessen, Grocery store and stock-up sizes, Rotisserie Chicken, BJ's Cafe, Optical Departments and Verizon Wireless Kiosks.
"BJ's is thrilled to join these three thriving communities," said Laura Sen, CEO of BJ's Wholesale Club. "From prepared foods to certified organic and all-natural produce, to name brand electronics and merchandise, we're proud to open our new locations and delight Members with our selection and convenience."
Sen also takes pride in BJ's dedication to being a good corporate citizen. Since opening its first club in 1984, BJ's has supported charitable organizations that provide vital services for children and families. The three new clubs have partnered with and contribute to organizations within their community in hopes of creating long and lasting positive impact. Additionally, all three of the new clubs will participate in BJ's Feeding Communities program which helps end hunger by providing excess produce, meat and fish to local food banks.
BJ's is also committed to educational excellence and each BJ's location partners with a local elementary school as part of BJ's Adopt-a-School program which provides students positive experiences and opportunities. Participating schools receive a donation to enhance educational programs and curriculum objectives and a shopping cart full of much needed school supplies.
The Gainesville, VA and Deer Park and Ithaca, NY locations join 192 other BJ's Clubs in 15 states throughout the east coast. For more information on the locations including addresses and store hours, visit bjs.com/locations.
Inner Circle® and Business Memberships cost $50 a year. BJ's Rewards® memberships are also available for $100 a year, enabling Members to earn 2% back on qualifying purchases.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA "Choice" meats, all-natural and certified organic products and stock-up items. BJ's is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company operates 195 clubs and 107 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
* 30% savings is compared to supermarket prices and is based on the per unit price of a market basket of items. Savings may vary based upon market area and items purchased. Research conducted by Warehouse Club Focus, October 2011.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.