Black Duck Software Reports Significant Third Quarter Growth
Top Line Quarterly and Year-to-Date Sales Grow Over 35%, Success Enhanced by Customer Expansion and 69 New International Clients
WALTHAM, Mass., Oct. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Duck Software, the leader in open source software knowledge, adoption and governance, today announced record third quarter results, including sales growth of more than 35 percent worldwide in both quarterly and year-to-date sales as compared to 2010. Black Duck saw the greatest growth in North America and Asia, reinforcing the importance of open source governance, compliance and license management solutions globally.
Third quarter 2011 milestones included:
- The addition of 69 new customers, adding to Black Duck's total customer count of nearly 1,000. New customers including Alfresco Software, Allscripts, Altech UEC and Altobridge, among others, representing a diversity of markets including health care, mobile, enterprise software and technology manufacturing. In addition to new customers, many current Black Duck clients significantly increased their engagements by subscribing to additional services, capacity and new products.
- Black Duck launched two free educational initiatives: the Open Source Delivers blog (www.opensourcedelivers.com) and the Open Source Resource Center (osrc.blackducksoftware.com).
- The Open Source Delivers blog will focus on the value open source brings to enterprises and communities, particularly around the adoption and enablement of OSS. Contributors include Gil Yehuda from Yahoo!, Ian Skerrett of the Eclipse Foundation, RedMonk analyst Steve O'Grady, Claus von Riegen of SAP AG, Erynn Petersen from AOL and Robert Blasi of Goodwin Procter, among others.
- The Open Source Resource Center, an educational initiative for those interested in learning more about open source, includes a glossary of open source software terms, information about webinars and events, as well as a list of open source resources.
- Black Duck was named to Software Magazine's Software 500 for the third consecutive year. The list recognizes the largest software companies in the world.
- The company launched the Black Duck University Training & Certification program, providing online courses to help users of the Black Duck® Suite™ learn to manage OSS, encourage innovation, increase development speed and ensure compliance. For more information about the program, please visit http://blackducksoftware.com/bdu.
- Black Duck announced support for SPDX™ Version 1.0, an open source standard under development by the SPDX Working Group of the Linux Foundation, which Black Duck co-chairs. For more information about the standard and Black Duck's support, please visit http://blackducksoftware.com/spdx.
"The growth in adoption and management of open source is accelerating, particularly in large enterprises," said Tim Yeaton, Black Duck Software president and CEO. "Perhaps most gratifying for Black Duck, our growth in this period was driven by both new marquee customer acquisitions, and expanded relationships with existing customers who are scaling their use and management of open source software with our automated solutions. We believe as our customers' successful use of open source grows, it creates a virtuous cycle of innovation and growth -- both for their organizations, and their industries over time."
About Black Duck Software
Black Duck Software is the leading provider of strategy, products and services for automating the management, governance and secure use of free and open source software (FOSS), at enterprise scale, in a multi-source development process. Black Duck® powers Koders.com, the industry's leading code search engine for open source; Ohloh.net, the largest FOSS community and free public directory of open source, and The Olliance Group, the leading open source business and strategy consulting firm. Among the 400 largest software companies in the world, according to Softwaremag.com, the company is headquartered near Boston and has offices in San Mateo, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Beijing. For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com.
SOURCE Black Duck Software
More by this Source
Software Industry Veteran Lou Shipley Named CEO of Black Duck Software
Dec 04, 2013, 16:05 ET
Black Duck Fully Integrates Open Source Consulting Capabilities
Oct 15, 2013, 13:03 ET
Black Duck Maintains Rapid Pace With Record-Breaking Third Quarter
Nov 07, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.